3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has a Clarisea sk5000 g2 filter roller (although I think it will work for all g1-g3 models or even diy projects) and burns up motors every 12-24 months, below are links to prints that might help you. I remixed it off of the original model that @lakai (thingiverse) uploaded. Basically it’s a serviceable motor housing that threads together. @lakai did an amazing job with his OG version, which I really appreciate! This version allows for an upgraded, high torque, low rpm gear motor that has a larger motor and extra gear reduction section. I moved/strengthened the cable boss to be more like the newer upgraded oem g2 units, moved the roller screw holes to the newer upgraded oem g2 location and thread pitch. If you have the early version with self tapping roller screws I will be uploading the screws and rollers soon but I’m pretty sure there’s no original motors that are actually still working. I also made up a shortened motor coupling/crucifix and thumbscrew to allow for the longer than stock motor assy. This gear motor is available on Amazon for $15 and can be swapped out fairly easily if/when it burns up. Although I’m finding that the gear motors longevity is no longer the weak link with this upgrade, it’s the M3 screw for the coupling/crucifix that snaps now (and it’s a major pita to remove what’s broken off in the motor shaft when you have severe vision and dexterity issues!). I now replace that screw with every filter roll just to keep me from throwing things and cussing up a storm! Being as blind as I am, new to fusion360 and 3d printing which don‘t work well with screen readers, and having to use my phone to read my digital caliper display out loud which is buggy at best, and actually reducing myself to ask for sighted help when I just can’t go it alone, these are as good as they’re gong to get from me…..it was a major undertaking with a lot of headaches that I doubt I will attempt again in the near future, but I was on a mission to prove to myself that I could do it.….and someone else had already done the heavy lifting to boot @lakai! All three links are for the same project, just pick your poison thingiverse, printables, or makerworld.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6315015

https://www.printables.com/model/647713-clarisea-sk5000-g2-extended-motor-housing-for-5rpm

https://makerworld.com/en/models/64700#profileId-67917
very nice. I have 2 gen 2s and 1 gen 3. I haven't had a motor go bad, but I have had 3 of the controllers die. good to know this is an option if a motor does go

bsk997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thread.
Anybody have the corner pieces for diy mesh screen from Soren? Thx

BrettE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a MODERATOR update the main list on page 1?
They can. I was planning to, but I still haven't yet. Life has been getting in the way.

Also I'm honestly not sure a forum post is the best place, like a collection on thingiverse or similar might be better.

I'm sure we can make you (or anyone else) the owner of this thread too. I would certainly not be opposed if you would like to do the updating.

Dom98540

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have a good file for a universal power brick mount? There's one in the master list but the link is broken.

I have one that I designed and can post to Thingiverse. I've had a handful of them printed and they work pretty well. They use velcro straps that I purchased from Amazon: https://a.co/d/iSwukxI

I will update when the STL is available!

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have one that I designed and can post to Thingiverse. I've had a handful of them printed and they work pretty well. They use velcro straps that I purchased from Amazon: https://a.co/d/iSwukxI

I will update when the STL is available!

Cool can you post a photo?

What products can you confirm they work for?

Dom98540

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool can you post a photo?

What products can you confirm they work for?
Sure, here you go! I have used them for Maxspect Ethereal lights, but they are very universal, as you can see.

Here is the link to Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6397216
It may take a little bit to publish, but this link should work when it does. Let me know if you have issues.

Attachments

• Power Supply Mount.JPG
    Power Supply Mount.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20231223_194640.jpg
    20231223_194640.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20231223_194607.jpg
    20231223_194607.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 37

jrounding

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While setting up a nano reef for my shrimp who were viscously attacked by one of my fish (as you do) I decided I wanted to use a 12" blade to light it. I wanted to hang the light from my ceiling with some cheap light hooks I found on Amazon so I created the brackets at the link below. Then I added some corals and was disappointed with the color of the AI Blade Grow and decided to add a second light to the mix. I added an AI Blade Glow. So I created the second bracket which is a double light bracket with a 1.75 degree tilt towards center.

AI Blade Hanging Brackets: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6405595

IMG_0011.JPEG IMG_0013.JPEG IMG_0014.JPEG IMG_6240.JPEG IMG_6243.JPEG

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
While setting up a nano reef for my shrimp who were viscously attacked by one of my fish (as you do) I decided I wanted to use a 12" blade to light it. I wanted to hang the light from my ceiling with some cheap light hooks I found on Amazon so I created the brackets at the link below. Then I added some corals and was disappointed with the color of the AI Blade Grow and decided to add a second light to the mix. I added an AI Blade Glow. So I created the second bracket which is a double light bracket with a 1.75 degree tilt towards center.

AI Blade Hanging Brackets: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6405595

IMG_0011.JPEG IMG_0013.JPEG IMG_0014.JPEG IMG_6240.JPEG IMG_6243.JPEG

That’s awesome. What fastener did you use for the ends?

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Everyone,

We are working on bringing back the "Master List" of 3D print files for the hobbyist and will be working on gathering links and data over the next few days. This will be a living document and things may change as we move along, but the intent is to provide a source for commonly used files for all our members to enjoy.

A couple of quick notes to get use started.

- If you have something you would like to include, please reply to this post or PM me and I will add it to the list. I can include your username if you would like in case anyone has any questions, etc.
- All included items will be for hobby/personal use only.
- If you have a commercial item you would like to include, you can contact revhtree to discuss options.
- If I post a link to an item and you own it and you do not want it included just PM me and I will remove it.
- I will try and categorize items to the best of my ability.
- This is for the community, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I will try to keep up with this thread as new items become available.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to getting this going again.

Boost.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maintenance Items

Equipment Mount Items

Fragging Items

Pumps and Filtration

Controller Related Items

Tools

Misc.

This is awesome. Great job putting all these models together.

A section for 3D modeled equipment, tanks, mods, etc. would be cool.

let me know what I can help with in 3D modeling. I use AutoCAD 2024. .

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Everyone,

We are working on bringing back the "Master List" of 3D print files for the hobbyist and will be working on gathering links and data over the next few days. This will be a living document and things may change as we move along, but the intent is to provide a source for commonly used files for all our members to enjoy.

A couple of quick notes to get use started.

- If you have something you would like to include, please reply to this post or PM me and I will add it to the list. I can include your username if you would like in case anyone has any questions, etc.
- All included items will be for hobby/personal use only.
- If you have a commercial item you would like to include, you can contact revhtree to discuss options.
- If I post a link to an item and you own it and you do not want it included just PM me and I will remove it.
- I will try and categorize items to the best of my ability.
- This is for the community, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I will try to keep up with this thread as new items become available.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to getting this going again.

Boost.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maintenance Items

Equipment Mount Items

Fragging Items

Pumps and Filtration

Controller Related Items

Tools

Misc.

A section for DXF files would be cool too. For laser or router table projects.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RO/DI push connect valve mount should probably be moved up to mounting equipment... It's a mount for 3x 1/4" valves, making a water distribution manifold.

Nice list :D

Last edited:

wisnia99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to share the basket/frag stand I made. Feel free to link it to the front post.
Its 9"x9"x4" (can be scaled down if needed)
Thanks!

IMG_5409.jpeg

IMG_5399.jpeg

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally had an idea how to show the flow on this RFG I have been tinkering away at, it is a slip design that PVC will slip in to. a different option than the loc line. I like it because it has a much wider diameter , much less flow restrictive , and doesnt pull water (or air) from the tanks body of water to create a tornado pulled from the surface. couldnt use the loc line RFG because i had to keep them 2-3" below the water surface

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back