3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive

rapurcell85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broke the mount for my Duetto 2 ATO Controller, so I made a beefier one. Thought I'd share.

Attachments

• 20231004_100912[2].jpg
    20231004_100912[2].jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 38

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Polymaker off Amazon good?
I've had good luck with Polymaker. Plus, if you're using a Bambu printer, Polymaker is one of the brands they have presets for. OTOH, they use cardboard spools which can be more difficult to run through an AMS. But as for the filament itself, it seems to work just as well as Hatchbox or Sunlu or Overture or any of the other popular brands.

rapurcell85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with Polymaker. Plus, if you're using a Bambu printer, Polymaker is one of the brands they have presets for. OTOH, they use cardboard spools which can be more difficult to run through an AMS. But as for the filament itself, it seems to work just as well as Hatchbox or Sunlu or Overture or any of the other popular brands.
I am running a P1S, so that's nice! No AMS though, so cardboard is probably fine for the single holder. Thanks!

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a P1S, so that's nice! No AMS though, so cardboard is probably fine for the single holder. Thanks!
Yes, that holder on the back doesn't care what you use. The cardboard problem comes into play with the AMS as the dust can apparently cause problems after a while and dented/de laminated/falling apart spools don't turn properly on the rollers in the AMS.

randalli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slapped together some simple anti-glare shield since the couch is right next to the tank and a piece of cardboard that I initially used looks really crappy. It couldn't be designed any simpler.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky with my AI Primes. The front can be angled down, just a few degrees past horizontal, but enough that I can't see the LEDs from where I'm usually sitting.

randalli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky with my AI Primes. The front can be angled down, just a few degrees past horizontal, but enough that I can't see the LEDs from where I'm usually sitting.
It's already way better with the Straton Pro since the light is focused down with almost no light spill. You still see the glow of the lights which can be really bright if you sit like right below it like I do. Before that I used a T5 for years and the spill was extreme and I don't think that sitting in UV-light all the time is that great? These shades help a lot and they look way better than that lazy cardboard solution I used for years

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice design. How is this tube turning out? Big overhang which can deform the hole when printing.

1696958125292.png
I did a support to hold it up, but no issues with it being deformed. I am very new to CAD so I couldn’t figure out how to make it barbed, so I made it longer. Has done great things for my PH!

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As I learn more in CAD I’ll try to revise it with a barbed fitting. BTW it is for 3/8 line, the same line that attaches to the venturi on the other side of the scrubber.
awesome! nice work!
its a lot like the recirculating C02 scrubber I make available here:

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome! nice work!
its a lot like the recirculating C02 scrubber I make available here:

very much so, just made to go with a scrubber, vs putting the media in the cap. Both very effective methods and highly recommended for those who struggle to keep PH. A must have for those who live in climates that have winters, where the co2 levels climb inside of well closed up homes!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back