3D printed random flow generators

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t find to much on here, looking to buy some RFG 3/4”. Looking on Etsy and what not there seems to be some choices however not sure of the quality. BRS has some but 25 each but seems a tad high. Any recommendations of someone that has a good set that sells them in like Etsy that actually work?!? (also don’t know anyone with 3d printer here in Denton area that can just print me a couple)

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were local, I'd print one for you. I thought about selling them, but honestly it's a hassle and shipping (even via USPS) is too pricey. I'd charge like 10 bucks for the RFG, but then it's another 7-8 bucks just to ship the dang thing.

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm biased but we have some of the best 3D (high quality) Printed products in the aquarium hobby and we just listed some new items on the site. You can see all of the newly listed items included random flow generators and diffusers for Vortech MP pumps. Here are some of the product images...

Dealers & Stores may contact us if you are interested in carrying the Biotek line.

Here is the link for all the 3D printed items we offer with more in the works...

You may also visit the Biotek Marine website below.

Attachments

• medium-skimmer-stand-pump-addon-1.jpg
    medium-skimmer-stand-pump-addon-1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 54
  • A+ProductImage1Shipper.jpg
    A+ProductImage1Shipper.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Frag-Transport-3.jpg
    Frag-Transport-3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Frag-Transport-1.jpg
    Frag-Transport-1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 30
  • frag-rack-bracket-Image11.jpg
    frag-rack-bracket-Image11.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 33
  • frag-rack-bracket-AmazonProdImage6.jpg
    frag-rack-bracket-AmazonProdImage6.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 34
  • frag-rack-AmazonProdImage3.jpg
    frag-rack-AmazonProdImage3.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 36
  • frag-rackAmazonProdImage2.jpg
    frag-rackAmazonProdImage2.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 29
  • frag-mount-tripple-2.jpg
    frag-mount-tripple-2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 37
  • A+ProductImage2.jpg
    A+ProductImage2.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 35
  • A+Product3-legs-2.jpg
    A+Product3-legs-2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 30
  • A+Product2-skimmer-stand.jpg
    A+Product2-skimmer-stand.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 34

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t find to much on here, looking to buy some RFG 3/4”. Looking on Etsy and what not there seems to be some choices however not sure of the quality. BRS has some but 25 each but seems a tad high. Any recommendations of someone that has a good set that sells them in like Etsy that actually work?!? (also don’t know anyone with 3d printer here in Denton area that can just print me a couple)
Be careful with Etsy - not one of those approximations is the actual Patent Random Flow Generator® design.

Can't tell you how many times we see people at the various reefing shows and they watch our live demo of the Random Flow Generator and say, "Yeah i got mine off Etsy, and no - they don't work like that... I'll take two."

Honestly, we've worked extremely hard to bring this product to market and we stand behind it 100% Our new Flex-Series Random Flow Generator is top notch. Does exactly what we promise and is highly compatible. Plus - It's super easy to install, nearly indestructible and and keep clean.

RFG075-FLX_3908_squeez.jpg

Then - with our preconfigured flow kits, we have taken all the guesswork out of what size and adapters you may need to connect to your tank

You'll find the Random Flow Generator at all major online retailers including @AquariumSpecialty who just commented above. You'll also find it at all major online retail and possible at your local fish store.

Just to put it out there - when you choose to purchase an actual Random Flow Generator® created by Vivid Creative Aquatics, you are supporting a small business that works very hard to produce the very best product we can . We (my wife an I) have risked everything to start this business over 6 years ago. This is not a side gig - this is a full-time business and we have a small staff of 3. Regardless of where you chose to purchase our products we are your single point of contact for support - We stand behind our products 100%.

OK, I'll get off the soup box now - LOL. But, seriously, go with the real Random Flow Generator. I think you will genuinely be impress with what it can do for your aquarium. it works great in ours :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
w8lifts

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with Etsy - not one of those approximations is the actual Patent Random Flow Generator® design.

Can't tell you how many times we see people at the various reefing shows and they watch our live demo of the Random Flow Generator and say, "Yeah i got mine off Etsy, and no - they don't work like that... I'll take two."

Honestly, we've worked extremely hard to bring this product to market and we stand behind it 100% Our new Flex-Series Random Flow Generator is top notch. Does exactly what we promise and is highly compatible. Plus - It's super easy to install, nearly indestructible and and keep clean.

RFG075-FLX_3908_squeez.jpg

Then - with our preconfigured flow kits, we have taken all the guesswork out of what size and adapters you may need to connect to your tank

You'll find the Random Flow Generator at all major online retailers including @AquariumSpecialty who just commented above. You'll also find it at all major online retail and possible at your local fish store.

Just to put it out there - when you choose to purchase an actual Random Flow Generator® created by Vivid Creative Aquatics, you are supporting a small business that works very hard to produce the very best product we can . We (my wife an I) have risked everything to start this business over 6 years ago. This is not a side gig - this is a full-time business and we have a small staff of 3. Regardless of where you chose to purchase our products we are your single point of contact for support - We stand behind our products 100%.

OK, I'll get off the soup box now - LOL. But, seriously, go with the real Random Flow Generator. I think you will genuinely be impress with what it can do for your aquarium. it works great in ours :)

I ended up buying yours lol

96214048-860C-426F-B495-A45310817D1F.jpeg

Last edited:

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm biased but we have some of the best 3D (high quality) Printed products in the aquarium hobby and we just listed some new items on the site. You can see all of the newly listed items included random flow generators and diffusers for Vortech MP pumps. Here are some of the product images...

Dealers & Stores may contact us if you are interested in carrying the Biotek line.

Here is the link for all the 3D printed items we offer with more in the works...

You may also visit the Biotek Marine website below.

I do my own 3d printing for most things I need but I buy VCA RFGs. I think they are the best available, especially the flex line.

I want to say though that the 3d printed parts from Bio Tek Marine are some of the cleverest designs I have seen. There are several items there I will probably buy. I 3d print what I can't buy and buy everything else. That helps the whole 3d printing community to prosper.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up buying yours lol

96214048-860C-426F-B495-A45310817D1F.jpeg
Awsome - thank you very much

We do very much appreciate it and we will be here for you should you have any issues or trouble with the RFG nozzles.

Antonio....
623-233-6908 - call for product support, to talk reefing, to talk 3D printing, or just to say hi :)

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do my own 3d printing for most things I need but I buy VCA RFGs. I think they are the best available, especially the flex line.

I want to say though that the 3d printed parts from Bio Tek Marine are some of the cleverest designs I have seen. There are several items there I will probably buy. I 3d print what I can't buy and buy everything else. That helps the whole 3d printing community to prosper.
Thank you for the nice complement. Much appreciated! We have several new products in the works and we try our best not to be another "me also" product or company.

OP
OP
w8lifts

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awsome - thank you very much

We do very much appreciate it and we will be here for you should you have any issues or trouble with the RFG nozzles.

Antonio....
623-233-6908 - call for product support, to talk reefing, to talk 3D printing, or just to say hi :)
Yea so the fittings has these fins on the outside, is one of those suppose to be at the 12 o’clock position?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea so the fittings has these fins on the outside, is one of those suppose to be at the 12 o’clock position?

It doesn't generally matter, unless you are using the RFG close to the waters surface. You can use this quick start guide for proper positioning.

In general, the most import aspect of how to install it to get the best effect, is to position it straight the last segment of Loc-Line. This becomes even more important at the lower spectrum of flow rates.

Attachments

• RFG-Installation-Guidlines-1.jpg
    RFG-Installation-Guidlines-1.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 43

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back