3D Printed Skimmer/submersible pump attachment.

smr1014

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Crystal Lake
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’m working on a DIY filter/skimmer setup and I’m looking for a 3D printer (or someone who can print) parts similar to the skimmer cups shown in the photo below. 4 to 5 inches in diameter and have slotted sides with a bottom outlet tube that can ve attached to a 3/4" to 1" PVC pipe.

Does anyone know if there are 3D printers capable of printing this kind of design, or can recommend a local shop or hobbyist who can help? I’d prefer a material that’s water-safe and durable since this will be used in an aquarium/pond setup.

Any advice or printer recommendations would be really appreciated!
1760731305963.png
 
Hi everyone,

I’m working on a DIY filter/skimmer setup and I’m looking for a 3D printer (or someone who can print) parts similar to the skimmer cups shown in the photo below. 4 to 5 inches in diameter and have slotted sides with a bottom outlet tube that can ve attached to a 3/4" to 1" PVC pipe.

Does anyone know if there are 3D printers capable of printing this kind of design, or can recommend a local shop or hobbyist who can help? I’d prefer a material that’s water-safe and durable since this will be used in an aquarium/pond setup.

Any advice or printer recommendations would be really appreciated!
1760731305963.png
You can check your local library and ask if they have a printer.

Several of us on here have printers but we'd need specifications (more exact dimensions) for what you want. Shipping is costly these days and I just got notification that shipping is going up for Holiday Surcharges soon.

Something that costs $10 to print will cost another $10-$15 to ship.
 
I use TinkerCAD for most of my rendering. Fusion is another popular program for designing in
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new