I would also recommend the Bambu as the best way to start. But, there are some concerns about Bambu Labs recent networking changes that require you to use their cloud for the printers or give up much of their convenience. I would also get an idea of what kinds of things you will print as the size of the print volume is a hard and fast limit to what can be printed as a single piece.
I have an Bambu A1 Mini, a Bambu A1 with AMS Lite and a Elegoo Centauri Carbon. I started with a Creality Ender 3 S1 Pro that I donated to another maker last year.
I use the A1 Mini the most as most things fit on its build plate and it is just a really convenient printer to use. For larger PLA, PETG or TPU prints I use the A1. If I do multi-color I hook the AMS Lite up to one or the other but it is usually disconnected. I just got the Centauri Carbon yesterday so just test prints so far but I got it to use for technical filaments like PET-CF, ASA, ABS, etc.
There are many good printers on the market. I think the things to look for are: Direct Drive Extruder (it makes feeding soft, like TPU, or brittle, like Carbon Fiber-infused, filaments easier); a Hotend that can reach at least 300 degrees Celsius as some fairly common filaments need temps in that range; a Heated Bed that can reach at least 100 degrees Celsius for the same reason; and auto bed leveling and Z-Adjustment. Nice to have is also network connectivity as it just makes things easier.
What sets Bambu apart is their ease of use. On many printers loading filament involves heating the hotend first and then pushing the filament in and manually extruding some to get it into the hotend ready for use. With a Bambu you push the filament up to the extruder and tell it to load, it heats the hotend depending on what type of filament you are loading and loads the filament. It is only a small thing but it is those little touches that make the experience less error-prone.