3D Printer Recommendations

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the market for a nice 3d printer. I do not want the most expensive nor do I want the cheapest. Something that is good quality but won't break the bank.

I know very little of 3d printing. My smaller brother has printed me some items that are very nice to have, and I think I could offer up prints to local hobbyists so we can all save some money to put towards coral.

any and all recommendations will be considered and appreciated - thank you!

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you consider Cheap Vs Expensive.
I'm a fan of MakerBot, but those can be above 2k. Creality is a good cheap printer with some mid range costs... bottom end of theirs is under $300

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you consider Cheap Vs Expensive.
I'm a fan of MakerBot, but those can be above 2k. Creality is a good cheap printer with some mid range costs... bottom end of theirs is under $300
The one my smaller brother uses was $200 , it is an 8x8x8" printing size. He said anything that is bigger you just print in multiple pieces and put it together once all pieces are printed. I would like to stay under like $320 bucks - I will look into the Creality company. There is so much information out there on 3d printers it is hard to sort through.

Kamblok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a simple one just last week.
Anycubic Kobra
Seemed to be the best at that price currently available.
Not all bells and whistles available at that pricerange, but seems good enough.
Oh, and I'm a total newbie, so no clue if it will be good enough. It's what my research got me to.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Many brands out there. I got the Prusa mini to start with. The ease of use and quality is amazing. I only wished it was bigger. If you have the cash and can go bigger , get the Prusa XL. excellent machines.

The ender 3 series is really good budget machines but i don't have any experiences with them.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a creality ender 3 pro that I’ve had for years. It’s definitely not a top of the line model, and some assembly is required, but overall it works well for the price.

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prusa if you want plug and play, creality ender if you don't mind tinkering. I bought the ender 5 pro with bl touch and it's been excellent.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By most accounts the bambulab is the current best bang for the buck

FourPawz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using an Ender 3 V2 for a few years now. It's inexpensive and works quite well for what I ask of it. There are a million of them in use so support is great.

genericfishname

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an older Creality CR-10 that definitely gets the job done. An equally important question is, how good with CAD or Modeling are you? In my experience there are some usable files available for download on sites like thingaverse but most of them require some sort of modification in order to fit my exact application. In the end I have had to learn how to use Fusion360 in order to design most of my prints from scratch. This took a decent amount of time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back