3d printing services?

Ninjacorgi13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I'm getting a reef pi setup put together and wondered if there were any suggestions on where to get a case printed from. I did a few quick online quotes for a power controller and pi housing, but ended up with a price that was essentially the same as buying my own 3d printer. Where does everyone go when the need things printed? If the prices I saw were the norm I may just buy an Ender 3 and have it for myself.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I'm getting a reef pi setup put together and wondered if there were any suggestions on where to get a case printed from. I did a few quick online quotes for a power controller and pi housing, but ended up with a price that was essentially the same as buying my own 3d printer. Where does everyone go when the need things printed? If the prices I saw were the norm I may just buy an Ender 3 and have it for myself.

What parts do you need printed? I can probably do it for you. Online quotes can be ridiculous lol

OP
OP
Ninjacorgi13

Ninjacorgi13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been halfway sold on getting a printer for myself for about a year now. I really love the potential of having a 3D printer, but everytime I look one up I just see figurines being made. No problem with that, but I have no real desire for any. Have you guys found them useful for other things?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you know someone , ordering 3d printed stuff from online will be prohibitively costly. Its much easier to just get a 3d printer in that case. Its extremely useful, but like reefing requires time and engagement, something to consider. If you don't have that, its safer to contact someone you know who has a 3d printer.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been halfway sold on getting a printer for myself for about a year now. I really love the potential of having a 3D printer, but everytime I look one up I just see figurines being made. No problem with that, but I have no real desire for any. Have you guys found them useful for other things?

I do not print any figurines with mine. I bought mine to make custom Christmas lights brackets and modifications.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is more to it than just printing what you want. You have to design it with cad software the convert it to a printable fine. Dial in your printer to the material your working with and then print and possibly adjust and reprint depending on how it came out and if there are any critical dimensions involved. I like be the one I have but I am far from recouping my investment in it so far. I really need to spend time learning a real cad program.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back