3D Printing thread

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't bother to contact Ecotech because it was my fault it broke... I'm sure if I did, they wouldn't have hesitated to work something out.

Purple was the first draft, thinking that I would have to do some adjustments to the design, but everything lined up perfectly. Even the plastic tab that locked the motor harness to the frame slid in and lined up perfectly. So no need to reprint another.

Yeah they said they would fix it free IF the motor was undamaged—- just put it into a new housing. Luckily that was the case.

That’s some impressive modeling!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a STL for a reeflink mount? I thought there used to be one on thingiverse, but I guess they took it down.

@GrizFyrFyter was that yours?

edit:

Nevermind, I found a model online for $1. Fair enough :)

Last edited:

Palluk33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guys just order Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer
What material is reef save? Appreciate for any help

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would change the bowden tube out and the ends to it. Just my habit with new ones. I have 3.

Also, print the side spool mount it makes the path of the filament much, much easier on the printer.

And, upgrade the bed springs. Makes it less often you have to level the bed and it's cheap.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using Creality Ender 3 Pro ?
We run a handful of them, an they work pretty good. The Glass bed that will comes with one you got with is carbon/silicone coating is nice and works extremely well with PLA, and pretty good with PETG. The only thing I dont like is you have to let it cool down pretty much all the way for the part to release

Like others have said, upgrade the hotend (or at leas the boden tube) for reliability for print temps above 235(ish). We'll run the stock hotend for weeks at between 230-236 before it starts to clog up due to the boden tube degrading. At that point we replace the hotend with an all-metal hotend such as the microswiss.

it's a great printer and hard to beat for the price

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back