3D Printing thread

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I tried a few covers for my MP10....always ended taking them off. Unless i have a nem i need to protect , I leave my MP10 bare. Too much maintaintence for add ons

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the maintenance wasn’t worth being able to direct the flow of the pump? That’s too bad. I was thinking it was like vortech and tunze had a baby. Lol

corey

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the maintenance wasn’t worth being able to direct the flow of the pump? That’s too bad. I was thinking it was like vortech and tunze had a baby. Lol

corey
Vortunze or Tunztech? Catchy...

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that mp40 adjustable wet side piece. Has anyone used one? Thoughts?

corey
Are you talking about the Movable Nozzles for the vortechs?

I have them on my mp60s and love them.

20230328_110428.jpg

Those pop right onto the stock vortech wetside and offe 2 different flows. Plus you get 18° of directional flow.

Cleaning is extremely simple and can be cleaned along side of the wetside in citric acid.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has probably been answered 100 times in this thread but here it goes again. I would love to get into 3D printing but do not even know where to begin.

Could someone point me in the direction of a good 3d printer you would recommend? Thanks!

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know this has probably been answered 100 times in this thread but here it goes again. I would love to get into 3D printing but do not even know where to begin.

Could someone point me in the direction of a good 3d printer you would recommend? Thanks!
look at the Prusa Printer, best bang for your buck, as far as quality and reliability. Support is 24/7 and they are growing as a company every day.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Someone recommended Prusa for first timers and I recommend the same. Prusa machines simply works. great hardware and software. They just released the MK4. that thing looks amazing!

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a printer that just works when you want to print something then I would say a Prusa. (That's what I have)

If you would like tinkering with the printer to be part of the hobby and experience, then you can get as good of performance from Creality with far less money.

For me, I just wanted the printer to be there as a tool when I needed it. I wasn't looking for another "Hobby" with the printer. Others feel that tinkering with the printer is the is the whole point, and making parts is just the end of the journey.

Neither path is wrong, you just need to pick the one for you :)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will double down on the prusa as well... I've had other popular brand printers and none of them compare to the ease of use with prusa. They're extremely reliable as well as consistent in the quality of print.

They're constantly improving software on the printer side as well as their slicer side.

The only other company that seems to be a rival is bamboo labs. They seem to have a better product for less money (Chinese based company). But that's just hearsay on my part because haven't tried their printers. If I would liken it to something in our world, it's the equivalent to apex vs ghl. There's a lot of noise from shills and you just don't know what is truth vs not true until you try it for yourself.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect! Thanks everyone! I am currently looking at the Prusa right now. I also heard the Dremel one is decent. Any good reviews on those?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve just recently started 3-D printing and was wondering if anyone out there is using an ender 5 s1 that I could ask a question to about the machine pretty much I’m looking for a known good machine to know if mine has a problem with that I can compare to thanks for anyone’s help

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back