4’x2’x2’ build… The Dragons’ Forest

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a short while since I’ve updated so… it’s been 22 days since adding the cleaners and, they’re all still with me!
3B532792-E699-420C-9273-FCE5E33FB31D.jpeg

And also a mushroom update;
My blue Discosoma mushroom was a pain to get settled and just sit on a rock space. Well, hes finally settled and growing nicely!
image.jpg
The cleaners aren’t scared at all are they. Good sign they don’t see the wrasse as a threat.
And of course, an Ikea update!
She’s been happy munching food and getting fat from the constant food supplies I have in the tank - 2 feedings a day and well as you can see in the photo I still have plenty of sponges she feeds from :)
And likely I’ll keep the sponge population high with those two mothers in the sump.
C9420939-4A09-464B-B28B-9DDE35EBD29F.jpeg
She’s beautiful! Mine decimated my sponges but I’ve got frozen food with sponge in it for her.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And of course, an Ikea update!
She’s been happy munching food and getting fat from the constant food supplies I have in the tank - 2 feedings a day and well as you can see in the photo I still have plenty of sponges she feeds from :)
And likely I’ll keep the sponge population high with those two mothers in the sump.
C9420939-4A09-464B-B28B-9DDE35EBD29F.jpeg
She is getting big! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: Some good girth on her it seems too!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t realise I hadn’t updated this thread haha.
However for those of you who don’t know;
I got a 9th wrasse! That 9th wrasse is a gorgeous female Xenojulis margaritaceus which I got for the low double digits (They’re usually 140-230 depending on sex and size).
92FBDA7D-56EC-4A32-939D-F93F17A71C1B.jpeg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t realise I hadn’t updated this thread haha.
However for those of you who don’t know;
I got a 9th wrasse! That 9th wrasse is a gorgeous female Xenojulis margaritaceus which I got for the low double digits (They’re usually 140-230 depending on sex and size).
92FBDA7D-56EC-4A32-939D-F93F17A71C1B.jpeg
How come I always hear you getting fish in the double digits!? Much cheaper over there huh. Over here we can’t get a Foxface or a Midas Blenny in the double digits :(

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come I always hear you getting fish in the double digits!? Much cheaper over there huh. Over here we can’t get a Foxface or a Midas Blenny in the double digits :(
I wonder if you just suffer from online retailer prices. As cool as TSA and WWC are, their prices are also rediculous.
I saw that at their store their average coral was like 1000.
Nothing at my LFS is 1000

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
POTM worthy I think (which luckily I’m capable of)

Also catching up on todays stream. Just reading all your facts. Its too bad the content is in a type of fish I can't be bothered with.

Last edited:

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you just suffer from online retailer prices. As cool as TSA and WWC are, their prices are also rediculous.
I saw that at their store their average coral was like 1000.
Nothing at my LFS is 1000
Yep
I Get It Yes GIF by Farmers Insurance ®

TSA and WWC my Wrasse, just because your like the two biggest coral/fish/aquarium marketers, retailers, best reviewed, not to mention famous and popular doesn’t give you the power to markup and price anything and everything at your desired especially high price!……………………...

actually it does give you the power :face-without-mouth:

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well 2nd and 3rd after Tidal Gardens but I see your point :face-with-tears-of-joy:

My LFS needs to start shipping. They'd destroy the market.
Lol, ‘WWC and TSA after your LFS starts shipping:
Dark Souls Rip GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny enough they sell Achilles for around $300, and these aren’t small, and Naoko Wrasse around $70.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
POTM worthy I think (which luckily I’m capable of)

Also catching up on todays stream. Just reading all your facts. Its too bad the content is in a type of fish I can't be bothered with.
Honestly, tangs are just boring, they get incredibly active and aren’t peaceful to watch. I stick to Bristletooths for this reason now, the larger ones are just too active for me. If I had the chance on an Achilles hybrid or Achilles I may go for it but that’s probably the only exception to my tang dislike.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unintentionally buy them ;)
The reason they marked this so low was because they had no idea they even had one in and even the list said they didn’t have one.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s not Fish related but… I now have a ball of death living in the house, it’s my green version of a porcupine puffer :)
433E4D2D-2C02-4A98-885C-E4878E6D81D6.jpeg
Ok don‘t kill it. Because if you do, I will go around and say Aaron killed something, that lives in Death Valley :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I did a late night move with my Hammer coral.
I believe it’s been going through Tissue recession due to too much light in my nano tank so I moved it into the shade under my monti but it still recessed. So after a week of being under the monti I have decided to try move him into this tank because instead of 300+ PAR on the sand, only the top of the rockwork gets around 300-350 PAR. Currently it’s not in the best spot as I kind of wedged it in thinking it wouldn’t be carried by the urchins.
however my hopes are that I can get it puttied or glues down into the lower rockwork and it will continue to split instead of risking it dying because as the photo shows this guy has split quite a bit in the year I’ve had it and it started as a 2 head frag now, including the splitting heads it has a total of 13 heads.
F5F1413D-B7B8-4388-961A-5E5C70749398.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now I won’t be near the tanks for the rest of the week, hopefully nothing bad happens. I have a camera set up to spy on the tank and make sure nobody ends up being too badly bullied but also to see if the Gold Nugget adventures further out and not just at the top of the tank - The jade isn’t too aggressive but he does not like the Gold Nugget going too close to him. In terms of the aggression it’s pretty much just a quick swim up and display to to the Gold Nugget and then go back to his own thing. There has yet to be any fin nipping so I’m not overly worried just yet.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I noticed my torch going through what appeared to be tissue recession right before a split and then the flesh started growing back happily after that. Not saying that's the cause for yours, but it would be a happy reason.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back