4 fish have ich!!!!

coralcoralcoral10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. My water paremeters are fine. Temp 80. Yesterday my phillpino tang got ich now my 2 clowns and my fox face have it. I’m totally new to ich but I have a bunch of coral and inverts and an anemone in my tank and I have no qt tank. I have a small 5 gallon for coral dips. So far all fish are eating fine and their behavior is fine. Is there anything I can or should do. I hear there are 2 ways to go about this. 1 is qt and medication but that won’t work for my tank. The other is wait it out and hope for the best. Anything in the middle anyone has an idea for. What would you do. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Coral

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!
Take a look at my ich thread where I do hyposalinity in a display tank. This may be suitable for you if it’s easier to move corals/inverts/anemones out of the tank to a quarantine versus taking out the fish.

learn about ich, the life cycle, and you’ll understand it a bit more which leads to better success in eradicating it. This is my first time attempting to get rid of ich.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If removing the fish and medicating them outside the display isn't an option......

Keep your water pristine, feed high quality food, and your fish will be fine. Ich is not a death sentance. It only is a death sentence when other things cause the stress to be even higher.

If you do decide to medicate the fish, you have to leave your display fishless(fallow) for roughly 76 days to kill off the ich in the display.

OP
OP
C

coralcoralcoral10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Everyone seems fine this hobby man it’s like i take 2 steps foward and then other thing. Is this just how it is. I have high quality food and as of now my parameters are good. Thanks for the help

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Everyone seems fine this hobby man it’s like i take 2 steps foward and then other thing. Is this just how it is. I have high quality food and as of now my parameters are good. Thanks for the help
I have lost fish to ich and velvet.
Management can be great and all until something goes wrong and causes your fishs immune system to go down, that’s when ich attacks. You need to run a UV sterilizer as well, it isn’t just about clean water and nutrition. From what I have learned. Ich has literally traumatized me.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back