AquaCave

pikachux3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi y’all need some advice.. currently building out a 40 breeder. Right now I’m working on the canopy and could use some help.

Need some aesthetic/functional advice on this diy canopy for a 40 breeder, it is 14 inches tall and covers the 1.5 inch trim, does this look too tall or proportional to the tank and stand? My instinct is that it looks too tall.. but maybe it can work? I’m planning to put 2 Kessil a360we in and 2 t5ho in the canopy, the kessils are 4” and plan to hang them 6” off the water. The internal frame is 12” tall, should I reduce the the height of the canopy/internal frame? That might force the hanging height of the kessils down. I also plan to have a removable lid on the canopy to maintenance it from the top. What do y’all think?

B46D5A7F-90BC-43CA-AF64-3797A11F39D5.jpeg DA2AD23D-03A3-4CA8-A575-17084C037263.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3763.MOV
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
P

pikachux3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I think it just personal preference, but yes to me it looks like too large of canopy related to tank size.

On another note i like the rockwork and love tonga branch that should turn out very nice.

yea.. most likely need to cut down the size of the canopy

spent a lot of time on the rock work appreciate the comment

Winterfest Live Sale
OP
P

pikachux3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Need some advice! Is a check valve worth installing on my return? There is no risk for overflowing my sump and my return line is maybe 2 inches below the surface. So it does drain some water and when the pump starts back up, it tends to sputter water and splashes some water out of the tank. What would you do?

OP
P

pikachux3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Need some advice! Is a check valve worth installing on my return? There is no risk for overflowing my sump and my return line is maybe 2 inches below the surface. So it does drain some water and when the pump starts back up, it tends to sputter water and splashes some water out of the tank. What would you do?
Bump need help

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
P

pikachux3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm not sure if you gave up, but I thought you usually did check valves on your output into the tank cause that is usually where you get more back flow from the tank. I guess it depends on the setup etc.
I’ve seen people usually put check valves right before the return bulkhead on the tank which was what I was wondering if I should do. I also seen people people a few inches to a feet above their return pump.

Tank is running and cycling now, I ended up not putting a check valve but still wondering if I should.

Once power goes out my sump fills up without overflowing but there’s still some sputtering and splashing when power is back on

AquaCave

Are you ready for giant clams in your tank?

• I currently keep a giant clam in my aquarium

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • I have kept giant clams in the past, but don’t have any now

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • I am interested, but I haven’t kept giant clams yet

Votes: 65 42.8%
  • I have no plans to keep giant clams

Votes: 40 26.3%
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums