40 cube stock

voiceinthedesert

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
22
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I picked up a 40 cube (drilled with 20 gallon sump) and am trying to decide what to do with it. The original inspiration for the purchase was to build a setup for a Fuzzy Dwarf Lion. I've also thought about a small puffer. The tank is rimless and won't have a canopy, so whatever is in there can't be a jumper.

Any other "nano" predator fish I should consider? I assume that whatever I get will likely live alone or with minimal accompaniment since it seems most lions, puffers and whatnot don't play well with others in this size.

For the other stuff, I might do some softies or LPS, but nothing that requires intense flow or intense lighting.
 
Fuzzies jump, big time. I've never seen a fu manchu jump, by watching the zebra I'd think he would jump also. A flame hawkfish is a good choice in you don't get a dwarf lion. They perch and are deadly predators, considering their size and they don't have a swim bladder. A small puffer is a good choice.
 
Aww, I'd never heard that Lions are jumpers, that bums me out. I guess I could get one of those eggcrate cover things.
 
Aww, I'd never heard that Lions are jumpers, that bums me out. I guess I could get one of those eggcrate cover things.

Luckily the 1st time I found out he went into the overflow. Since then I have found a few in the overflow before covering. You could make a mesh top that would look much cleaner.
 
Yeah, I did some googling and found cheap options to make a mesh cover or just DIY one. Thanks for the heads up. I've kept a Dwarf Lion before, but didn't know he was a jumper since it was a normal, covered tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new