40 Gallon Breeder Project

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quit feeding that tang! he needs to be eating the algae thats already in the tank!:wink:

OP
OP
dwilliams87

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang is staying behind the overflow box all of the time. Any ideas on how to get him out? I've tried feeding but Dowtish said no, and it didn't work anyway. He did eat the algae the first night but I havnt put any in since. He is alive, he's swimming around, just Behring the overflow box

OP
OP
dwilliams87

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced my GFO last night. I've always ran about 1/2-3/4 of what is recommended, but I decided to do the full amount to help fight off the rest of this algae. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it's not a train headed my way.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the fact that it is the only fish in the tank worries me that it is staying behind the overflow...

OP
OP
dwilliams87

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too, he took a couple small swims out tonight, maybe he just needs more time. Would another fish help or hinder the situation?

p woodard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too, he took a couple small swims out tonight, maybe he just needs more time. Would another fish help or hinder the situation?
Yes no maybe? It may be that he is so small that he needs to get familiar with things and if you get more fish it may get him to come out or it could kill him

OP
OP
dwilliams87

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Special thanks to lanaandjim for coming over Friday and helping me hand pick algae out of the tank. I cut my hand really deep last week and was a little concerned about infection with a larger opened wound. So they came over and helped me. Its been a fight, but its gradually looking better.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might need to add a few chromis or something that will swim in the open water of the tank to make this lil guy believe it is okay to come out.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dowtish - Thats actually what I was thinking. I thought about buying the four at my LFS down here. They are pretty!
Just curious where is there a Fish store down there ? I was just by Greg's house on Sunday and would have stopped in if i knew. Are you getting everything back under control now ? Sorry i have not chimed in as was busy setting up another one! And a little company never hurts to make fish at home....
Bill

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 168 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back