40 gallon breeder

jwilkey2468

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I am new to the saltwater world. I currently have 2 freshwater tanks and want to build a beautiful reef tank out of a 40 gallon breeder. I am building this tank on a budget and do not want to break the bank. I am currently interested in the Fiji cube 40 gallon insert but they are sold out everywhere, does anyone know if they will be in stock soon? Looking to alternate methods of filtration I could do a sump but I don’t want to drill my tank. Does anyone have any alternate filtration methods?

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re not going to drill, then a canister like a Fluval fx4 could do the trick. Clean it at least every 2 months. Water changes are a must monthly at least. You should be fine until the Reef Pandemic hits you and you will realize that there is a sump and larger tank in your future. Good luck!

NC_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I am new to the saltwater world. I currently have 2 freshwater tanks and want to build a beautiful reef tank out of a 40 gallon breeder. I am building this tank on a budget and do not want to break the bank. I am currently interested in the Fiji cube 40 gallon insert but they are sold out everywhere, does anyone know if they will be in stock soon? Looking to alternate methods of filtration I could do a sump but I don’t want to drill my tank. Does anyone have any alternate filtration methods?
Fiji cube is currently working on the 4th generation insert. You can pre order them now at a discount and should be ready to ship by the end of October / early November according to the website. These won't have the magnets or clamps so you will have to silicone it to the tank. Just be careful silconing acrylic to glass. Hope this helps!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 40 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back