40 gallon on second floor

harkey

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2022
Messages
42
Reaction score
15
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I want to upgrade my tank to a 40 gallon but it will be on the second floor. I’m not sure if it’ll be okay and if my floor will be able to hold the weight. I know my house is built on 2006 but other than that I have no other information. Any thoughts if it’ll be fine or no? Thank you.
 
40 gallons should be perfectly fine. If you want to be extra safe, position it perpendicular to the floor joists and adjacent to an exterior wall, which you can be sure is load bearing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new