400 gallon in wall build

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steve1310
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
dce7efca3985692e61d899242eb55a48.jpg
 
Wow! Definitely following your progress. I'd like to do something like this in the future. What equipment will you be running on this tank?
 
Wonderful man! Spending some $$$ I see lol
 
Incredible work ! ! Looking GREAT !!!

Following :-)
 
Most of the stuff I trade coral for ! I’m running 6 gen4 pros , 8 mp40s , bubble 250 external , L1 for a return and a M1 for all my reactors ! Also running a geosreef calcium reactor 818 and 2 finnex 800 heaters ! That’s all I can remember that I’m running right now !
 
Very nice! Love the organization on the wiring - tidy but accessible. What is that 7' beam made of?
 
If u mean the beams in the first wall I tore out it’s is two 9 ft LVL beams for the support of the main wall ! I had to put those in !
 
Looks awesome :)
 
Finally started my new build after moving !
fa10d7ed88b97e1e5b8aa95587065251.jpg
That's awesome but I hope you shored up the floor joist it's about 3400 pounds a ton 1/2 just in water. I wanted to do the same thing just not brave enough to do it yet.
 
If u mean the beams in the first wall I tore out it’s is two 9 ft LVL beams for the support of the main wall ! I had to put those in !

I meant the beam side to side on the stand itself. Wonderfully long opening for access under there.
 
this is looking amazing! i want to do it one day!
 
Yeh I’ve got the tank sitting on a main beam under the house that I screwed two 6inch LVL beams on each side of the 6X6 main support beam that is sitting on the main footer ! I also put a 6X6 floor joist up against the existing floor joist the length of the room and put another floor joist between the sets of floor joist ! So pretty much I can put another 2 story house on that room !
 
And after I put my sump under the stand I’ll be puttin two 6X6s strait up and down in the middle of the side of the stand that’s open right now !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new