40B finally plumbed into 120 display!!

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this was my project over the last weekend! Originally I planned to drill the aqueon 40b I previously bought during the dollar per gallon sale over a year ago. However, during the drilling process the sob cracked…smh!! So I was forced to run to my lfs and pay full price for a new marineland 40b and instead of risking breaking it I just bought an eshopps hang on 800 gph overflow. Received my halo mount from premium aquatics today and I replaced a lot of the white leds with blue and uv after much cursing the name of viparspectra! They use thermal adhesive instead of paste which made removed the old leds a complete pain! Anywho, it’s finally done!
21C5EC9E-BBAD-4C79-8B7F-EF4723E3F241.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
looks great. sorry to read of your glass cracking! did you make the stand for the 40? how did you go about it, if you did?

OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I wish i can do something similar. If i only had a fish room ;)
This is in my living room! Wife didn’t even put up a fight! I think it was because I agreed to move the tanks to a different wall than what they were on! Total pain in the D**k but worth it because it makes the room look bigger where they are now. I do have a fish room which is where the frag tank was to begin with. I had a custom made aio insert but I’ve found it’s just harder to keep parameters stable with it.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.7%
Back