OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was getting some pretty crazy polyp extension on one of my Millis this morning. :) I had a small nutrient spike there for about a week and its nice to see the color coming back in this guy.

IMG_0927.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a little over a month since I have posted anything new here so here is a nice full tank shot. The sps corals are really starting to take off with their growth. Especially the forest fire digi.

IMG_0976.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was realizing I havent shown the corals off under white light any where near as much as I probably should so here is a full tank shot under the whites. Overall I feel like I am getting decent coloration.

IMG_1006.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monthly update time. In the past month I actually moved apartments and everything went super smoothly with no losses. I did take the opportunity to take the yellow tang out and back into the fish store since he had gotten decent sized and fairly aggressive to any new tank mates. Also since the move I was able to get my hands on a dream coral of mine. I finally got a piece of the Walt Disney and I’m in love with how bright the color is. Here is an updated full tank shot and and up close shot of my new Walt Disney.

0999F3A7-6C9A-436E-AE18-366711EBDCFE.jpeg

9C5E54C3-E86B-4FC6-AF16-811750555808.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at my thread its been right at a month so I guess its time for another update. The tank is maturing nicely as I moved past 7 month mark earlier in the month. The first of the major updates in the past month is that I just added a 3rd prime to the tank to increase my overall spread as well as getting my par numbers just a bit higher for my acros.

File_000 (1).jpeg

I also ended up taking out the big monti cap entirely to make room for some new acros that ill be ordering from top shelf aquatics very soon. I unfortunately lost my walt disney frag while I was away for the holidays. A fish or a snail must have knocked it off the rock and it fell underneath my elegance and died, but I did get a replacement piece from my LFS. He gave me a base piece from the original colony that the frag came from for free because he felt bad. It doesn't really have any color at the moment but I'm seeing more and more color each day in the polyps so I am hopeful for that to color up soon. Also on the coral front I was able to pick up a baby Sunkist bounce mushroom from a local reefer for a really great deal as well as grabbing a frag of the avatar chalice.
File_001 (1).jpeg

File_000 (2).jpeg

On the fish side of things I lost my little male snowflake clownfish unexpectedly. He just stopped eating one day and the next day passed. I did get a replacement and was able to get a little black storm from my LFS for a steal compared to online prices, so there was a little bit of a bright side there. I grabbed two wrasses as well. A Lubbock's fairy wrasse and a Ruby Red fairy wrasse. Unfortunately the don't sit still long enough to take good pictures of.

File_002.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back