OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week I officially got all corals and the two clownfish moved over to the now tank. Everything looks nice and happy in ht bigger tank. I also tore down the old system completely.

IMG_0640.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week I officially got all corals and the two clownfish moved over to the now tank. Everything looks nice and happy in ht bigger tank. I also tore down the old system completely.

IMG_0640.jpg

I love the aquascape...nicely done.

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I picked up a small cleaner shrimp to add to the tank. These guys always have so much personality and are super fun to watch so I finally picked one up. As far as livestock goes I dont have a whole lot of other fish planned. the two I for sure want to get are a yasha goby with a pistol shrimp of course, and a captive bred green mandarin. Anyone else have some ideas that might be fun to keep in this tank?

IMG_0641.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did a water change and everything is doing good. Its been a little over two weeks since getting everything completely transferred over. I am testing constantly but everything is stable as far as 0 ammonia. 0 nitrite, and 10 nitrate. The uglies have definitely hit in full swing though as you can see. I am dosing the maintenance dose of Vibrant to help keep it at bay though and that seems to be working nicely. I cant wait to start adding a few more fish in the coming weeks! I have also noticed my two clowns hanging around my trachy more and more rubbing against it so Im thinking they are trying to host it. ;Facepalm

IMG_0645.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I scored the tunze osmolator ato for 85 bucks used at my LFS. Im super happy to have gotten such a good deal on the ato I was planning on getting anyways. Here is my super simple 5g resevoir that I bought for 10 bucks at the grocery store. Also some pretty exciting news, my vectra S2, and my mp10 got updated to mobius today as well!

IMG_0646.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so I thought super long and hard about whether or not to share this but here is my newest tank addition. A baby yellow tang. Before I get yelled at by the tang police please know I do understand that this is not a permanent home for him and when he out grows the tank in a year or two I will most like but upgrading. If not I do have a few other plans as well. Im super excited to have one of the fish that first drew me into the hobby finally! He is super fat and healthy and has already made friends with my cleaner shrimp.

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a few weeks now since I posted my last update so here is a full tank shot to show some progress. A lot of the corals are showing much better coloration in comparison so that is super exciting. I did move my rainbow trachy due to showing signs of stress due to to much light. and I moved my aoi zoas up in the tank due to them reaching for more light. The tank is still a touch cloudy due to what seems to be a bacterial bloom. I restarted my vibrant dosing to hopefully help keep that back in check. I also got a Royal Gramma about a week ago as well. He has been rather shy still so I was definitely struggling to get this picture of him this morning. Hope everyone is doing well out there still!

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a new purple Trachy and it is awesome. I have never seen one quite like it. I also picked up a pretty nice scoly. As far as equipment goes I purchased the green killing machine from petco for 50 bucks and it has solved the cloudy water issues I was having. Overall I think the tank is coming along nicely and really starting to settle in.

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a bit since I posted an update. Not a lot has happened as far as adding new live stock. There is one new acro and that is it. Things are settling in and corals are starting to really take off. I have put more of an emphasis on trying to get better colors out of my corals and have been dosing acropower once a week, the new red sea AB+ daily and I also picked up the red sea trace colors program as well and honestly feel I am getting way better coloration than before. Here is an updated full tank shot and then a nice close up of my indo gold torch showing off its great colors. I also got a lens kit for my phone and now I can actually share some much better photos with everyone.
IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

OP
OP
S

Saladbar12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me way longer than it should have just simply due to being lazy but I finally finished the from panel that covers the front of the stand making it look much more complete.

IMG_0884.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back