• Total voters

Red Sea Prophet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R family,
So, I got my first scorpionfish a barbed scorpionfish or Brasiliensis . I love the new fish and a leaf fish and fuzzy dwarf on its way for this week. My question is should I add the fourth scopion a devil’s scorpionfish to group? or just leave the three which I will have? Thanks family. Thanks for por advice. Tank is bare bottom, has enough live rock a tunze 9004 skimmer and water changes if needed is performed weekly. So, any advice is helpful. He is pic of barbed scorpionfish floating in bag to the drip method before adding.

136D80D1-6652-450C-80FF-B7D309935F69.jpeg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stick with the 3, as they grow you'll find that will be plenty for the 45c. You'll likely going to find the tunze to be very much under powered and will need at some time to get a more substantial skimmer or include a refugium. The devil scorp also gets pretty big for the dimensions of 45jbj. Make sure the tank is covered as the barbfish and fuzzy will jump.

rhines

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Where did you buy your scorps?

OP
OP
Red Sea Prophet

Red Sea Prophet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stick with the 3, as they grow you'll find that will be plenty for the 45c. You'll likely going to find the tunze to be very much under powered and will need at some time to get a more substantial skimmer or include a refugium. The devil scorp also gets pretty big for the dimensions of 45jbj. Make sure the tank is covered as the barbfish and fuzzy will jump.
Thanks LionKing for info. I will definitely stick to three. Tank not complete yet as I am going to add plenty of macro algae to help with Chemistry. I also have plenty of bio pure bioballs on both towers and 3 year old live rock on both sides, compartment and display while still leaving enough room for growth. In the future if I setup my 180 I will transfer everything over and add more stock like that devil scorp. It’s a simple setup but nice with the wave makers and all. I hope all comes together well. Thanks once again.

OP
OP
Red Sea Prophet

Red Sea Prophet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Where did you buy your scorps?
Hey Rhines, hello my fellow reefer,
My barbed scorp came from THAT FISH PLACE THAT PET PLACE. The Leaf and fuzzy are coming from aquariumfishsale.com I believe that is the name. Being from an area of the carribean I wanted a scorp found in those waters. I believe barbed is found in Gulf of Mexico, Brazil, and carribean. I also wanted as my name reflects inhabitants from the Red Sea. Thanks for your reply as well. I hope that helps!!!!

rhines

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My barbed scorp came from THAT FISH PLACE THAT PET PLACE. The Leaf and fuzzy are coming from aquariumfishsale.com I believe that is the name. Being from an area of the carribean I wanted a scorp found in those waters. I believe barbed is found in Gulf of Mexico, Brazil, and carribean. I also wanted as my name reflects inhabitants from the Red Sea. Thanks for your reply as well. I hope that helps!!!!
awesome, thanks for letting me know.

OP
OP
Red Sea Prophet

Red Sea Prophet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But as LionKing has explained many are collected in Indian Ocean, but their range can be found in Red Sea meaning the leaf and fuzzy dwarf.

OP
OP
Red Sea Prophet

Red Sea Prophet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But as LionKing has explained many are collected in Indian Ocean, but their range can be found in Red Sea meaning the leaf and fuzzy dwarf.
I believe that is correct!!! I take it that there has been reports of such species being seen in the Red Sea but you know sometimes online resources can be off. You really have to research.

rhines

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When do your fish arrive from aquariumfish.com? looking to buy from them if you are satisfied with your order

OP
OP
Red Sea Prophet

Red Sea Prophet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When do your fish arrive from aquariumfish.com? looking to buy from them if you are satisfied with your order
Well due to a backup in delivery it says 5 - 9 days since placing order which I did a few days ago. I order but order might be processed tomorrow and hopefully by Friday I will have my scorps. Lol, I wish it was tomorrow it’s my day off from work but that would be a miracle. I will enjoy the company of Waldo my new barbed scorp it’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Waldo’s camouflage abilities is insane. I was cracking up yesterday because I saw this blue stone under a live rock and thought wow! a new creature is forming there and guess what it was people? It was waldo’s eyeball he was right in front of my face and I did not know it. Man! I love scorps because of their rare strange ways and being sooooo mysterious. I had my wife try to find Waldo and she was guessing pieces of live rock and when I said right there she said omg he looks like a rock. I love it!!!! Lol cannot wait to the other guys arrive. I would have to think of some cool names for them.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back