OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order of what I like... (not posting a Raja because it was already mentioned by @tbrown3589 )

Nice I love those first two! Thanks for the rec!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a raja but looking for a bit more vibrant like jelly bean, goldmeister etc
I think Riptide or LRO has one called an Easter Egg... It's kind of a cool one. There's also the Bugatti.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

The Psychedelic and Mummy Eye are neat ones.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Check out the Hellboy, Chernobyl, and Kamikaze.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like those too. The Spitfire is cool also.

(I think one of us should be scared that we're thinking the same as the other. BTW - I don't scare easily!) :winking-face-with-tongue:

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh they have some nice ones!! To bad most are out of stock

Check out the Hellboy, Chernobyl, and Kamikaze.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, @tbrown3589 is famous for that little move. Look for his next post to say something like, “Hey, guess what? I have those sold out ones and juuuuust happen to have a frag I can sell you for the low, low price of $$(retail + 50% markup)!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They're having a live sale right now I think so they're popping up and then selling. Some show out of stock because they haven't dropped yet I think...

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, @tbrown3589 is famous for that little move. Look for his next post to say something like, “Hey, guess what? I have those sold out ones and juuuuust happen to have a frag I can sell you for the low, low price of $$(retail + 50% markup)!
The good news is he's local so pickup is easy!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Riptide or LRO has one called an Easter Egg... It's kind of a cool one. There's also the Bugatti.

Bugatti and mummy eye are nice! there's also pink 8008135

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pandaparties

I’m in the build list process for a 120x36x30 tank. Are you happy with the size you went with or any regrets? I’m new to the hobby so I’m a bit apprehensive of setting up all the plumbing by myself. I believe I read that you were in AZ, any LFS you’d recommend for a professional install?

Also what’s this tank running you monthly in electricity and water consumption?

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pandaparties

I’m in the build list process for a 120x36x30 tank. Are you happy with the size you went with or any regrets? I’m new to the hobby so I’m a bit apprehensive of setting up all the plumbing by myself. I believe I read that you were in AZ, any LFS you’d recommend for a professional install?

Some days I wish I went bigger width wise, length is about perfect as is height. I'm going to tell you anything over 24 inches tall is gonna be a PITA to clean, I can barely reach as is. And for me the space upwards just isn't as important. Even growing big acro colonies you will have problems with as the top branches start shading the structure and it'll be exacerbated by height. Plumbing is easy enough just use lots of unions to make cleaning easy and also easy to replace mess ups (no check valves).

I change about 400g of water a month, no idea how it impacts the water bill but my electric is about 50$. I spend probably 30$ in GFO. I spent 200$ a month on salt. Probably go through another 100$ worth of filters/resin on rodi. Alk and calc is cheap. All in all with food and all that my tank probably costs about 5/600 a month.

Plan for the stuff you don't think about ahead. Sand/rock on a 50g is nothing. I spent 1.5k between all that. Same with things like a cleanup crew, filter socks etc.

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pandaparties

I'm always happy to answer questions and help guide you! It's been a process but learned a lot :)

I had help from LE to move my tank in because it weighed like 1000lbs dry. Outside of that I wouldn't trust anyone to plumb and setup but myself

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pandaparties

Reefi makes great lights at a budget, going g6 for a tank that size is gonna run you like 10k. Santa Monica has AWESOME scrubbers. No rec on a skimmer I loathe mine. Kona reef sells nice socks for cheap (like 6 a piece).

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pandaparties

What's your dream for stocking it? Community fish, predator's, tang tank?

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefi makes great lights at a budget, going g6 for a tank that size is gonna run you like 10k. Santa Monica has AWESOME scrubbers. No rec on a skimmer I loathe mine. Kona reef sells nice socks for cheap (like 6 a piece).
my current already purchased list is 4 mp60, two sdc 9.0 return pumps, Regal 300EXT 12” skimmer, JBJ 1/3 hp chiller, Trident & A3 apex bundle, Ecotech 4 pack Versa pumps, 5 kessil apx9, two vortech battery backups, two reefmat 1200s, and 7 stage RODI unit.

I’m wanting to go with Tenecor for an acrylic tank but there’s a bit of compromising since they can’t do a black bad for the 120” size and Id have to source the aluminum stand elsewhere since they currently can’t build a stand for that size. Sump wise im planning to do something custom in the 72x30x16 size. & for aqua scape I plan to do 150lb of Tropic Eden Morroca

Last edited:
OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my current already purchased list is 4 mp60, two sdc 9.0 return pumps, Regal 300EXT 12” skimmer, JBJ 1/3 hp chiller, Trident & A3 apex bundle, Ecotech 4 pack Versa pumps, 5 kessil apx9, two vortech battery backups, two reefmat 1200s, and 7 stage RODI unit.

I’m wanting to go with Tenecor for an acrylic tank but there’s a bit of compromising since they can’t do a black bad for the 120” size and Id have to source the aluminum stand elsewhere since they currently can’t build a stand for that size. Sump wise im planning to do something custom in the 72x30x16 size
Bail on the SDC 9.0, had one and it was absolute garbage and the loudest pump I've ever had. Practically had to give it away when I switched over to an S8, abyzz makes great stuff too. Probably won't need a chiller but good to be prepared in case you do. Sump is close to mine and is a great size (72x24x24). 4 mp60s probably fine. As long as you stick to LPS the kessils probably fine. Overall looks like a good plan! Some nice things and not as nice things about acrylic but that's how it all goes.

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS heavy tank with around 15-20 tangs. I’d love some triggers and angelfish but I know they can be problematic with coral and other fish
I'd love some angels if they played well with coral and other fish but more often than not they don't. Tangs and lots of lps sounds like an awesome plan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always happy to answer questions and help guide you! It's been a process but learned a lot :)

I had help from LE to move my tank in because it weighed like 1000lbs dry. Outside of that I wouldn't trust anyone to plumb and setup but myself
I know it’s best to do it yourself to know everything but since I’m starting out I rather not risk. Plus I have terrible neck and back problems that leave with me with very little patience. Hence why I rather pay someone lol

I know running two reef mats and two return pumps makes the layout a bit more complicated so I just rather put my trust into someone with way more knowledge

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back