480g sps shallows + 1000g build

T5 setup

  • 4 6x54 ati sunpowers

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 2 6x54 x 2 4x54w ati sunpowers with reefbrites .

    Votes: 29 85.3%

  • Total voters
    34
I apreciate all the responses , as of now I’m on the fence on lighting . I’m obsessed with how most of the t5 sps tanks look and my lfs has some really nice tanks with t5s . I’m leaning towards (4) 6x54 sunpowers or (2) 8x54 sunpowers with reefbrite Xhos . What do you guys think?
 
I apreciate all the responses , as of now I’m on the fence on lighting . I’m obsessed with how most of the t5 sps tanks look and my lfs has some really nice tanks with t5s . I’m leaning towards (4) 6x54 sunpowers or (2) 8x54 sunpowers with reefbrite Xhos . What do you guys think?

It would really depend on your aquascape, and how close to the front/back of the tank you plan on keeping stuff. If you raised the two 8bulbs a bulbs a high, you'd have plenty of spread, but would lose some par. The six fixture configuration would definitely give you a lot more spread without sacrificing PAR, but that is A LOT of bulbs to replace.
 
I apreciate all the responses , as of now I’m on the fence on lighting . I’m obsessed with how most of the t5 sps tanks look and my lfs has some really nice tanks with t5s . I’m leaning towards (4) 6x54 sunpowers or (2) 8x54 sunpowers with reefbrite Xhos . What do you guys think?
I used 8×39watt T5s & 4xradion G4pros for my 480 gallon reef tank 96Lx48Wx24H. The T5 LED combo is a great way to light your tank.
3cf2ed8a3c0c21bc88c7777e06da8546.jpg
 
I’ve figured out what I’m going to do with lighting the opening from each sides eurobrace is 30 inches . I’m almost done with the aquascaping and have multiple islands spread throughout the tank . If I go (2) 6x54 (2) 4x54 sunpowers that gives me 10 rows of t5 power at 22.8 inches , just enough room to add in reefbrite xhos
 
I’ve figured out what I’m going to do with lighting the opening from each sides eurobrace is 30 inches . I’m almost done with the aquascaping and have multiple islands spread throughout the tank . If I go (2) 6x54 (2) 4x54 sunpowers that gives me 10 rows of t5 power at 22.8 inches , just enough room to add in reefbrite xhos

That will EASILY be able to keep SPS anywhere in your tank as I am sure you are already aware.
 
That will EASILY be able to keep SPS anywhere in your tank as I am sure you are already aware.

My goal is to be able to keep sps anywhere in the tank , I have had a lot of help from some fellow members like @Big E deciding bulb choices . His tank is phenomenal with a very simple bulb choice . Blue + and coral +
 
That will EASILY be able to keep SPS anywhere in your tank as I am sure you are already aware.

My goal is to be able to keep sps anywhere in the tank , I have had a lot of help from some fellow members like @Big E deciding bulb choices . His tank is phenomenal with a very simple bulb choice . Blue + and coral
How do you access inside the overflow with the brace covering the top of it?
I had them build a removable cover to access the overflow box .

2888235B-6580-415C-8FC4-E57C69060D4E.jpeg
 
My goal is to be able to keep sps anywhere in the tank , I have had a lot of help from some fellow members like @Big E deciding bulb choices . His tank is phenomenal with a very simple bulb choice . Blue + and coral

I had them build a removable cover to access the overflow box .

2888235B-6580-415C-8FC4-E57C69060D4E.jpeg

Very nice, I am using his bulb recommendation on my tank too :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new