BroccoliFarmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
11/20 addition of the @noopsyche record your reef event. Halfway through. I got brave enough to narrate this video so it is a bit longer than normal. Parameters are again..spot on.

Salifert
  • Alk 10.3
  • Ca 430
  • PH 8.05
API
  • Phosphate 0.25
  • Nitrate 5
Refractomer
  • Salinity 1.024
As indicated in the video, my SPS are not happy and am having bleaching around. With the exception of my one frogspawn who was getting too much direct flow for about two weeks when I last cleaned my reefwave, all of my LPS are doing reasonably well. Just went through a 48 hour black out to clean up my rusty sand so a couple of the newer LPS seem a little unhappy. Hopefully just responsive to a big water change and a black out. Will see

Last edited:
Fritz
OP
BroccoliFarmer

BroccoliFarmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
After a few months of trying to balance the water needs of my family and my tank, my wife finally had enough and told me to start buying RO water. I just could not make enough with my little 10 gallon system for my reef and how much we drink. As such, bought a 5 stage RO/DI from..yup you guessed it, BRS. Now here is the VERY interesting part. I ordered this on Saturday and I got a packed email with a UPS tracking number and on the packing slip it said 1 BRS mystery gift that night. Sunday morning, I got another email and this one had an additional UPS tracking number but the packing slip did not say the mystery gift. When I did the weight check..the original box is 8.2 pounds (which sounds about right for an RO system) and the second box is 17 pounds. Could I have won the Algae scrubber? Intriguing!!

In tank news...my Frogspawn that was getting direct blast from my power head is still throwing and fit and is sucked in. Really hoping I dont lose it. It is one branch that was about to be 4 independent heads. Would be a really bummer!!!

OP
BroccoliFarmer

BroccoliFarmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Figured out what was going on with my Frogspawn. It wasnt the power head (although I am sure that was part of it). Since I got all of my algae taken care of, my emerald crab decided to take up a homestead between some of the heads given the lack of food else where. Shame but looks like it is time for some shecrab soup!!!

crab cakes boston GIF by Grillax®

OP
BroccoliFarmer

BroccoliFarmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here is the 5th of 8 NooPscyche record your reef. I will take readings tomorrow and edit this post.

Couple updates: Got a couple new fishies because of a blackfriday impulse buy.

Replaced my fish stick 6 line wrasse
Got a Melanarus wrasse
Got in an impulse firefish

tbrown3589

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here is the 5th of 8 NooPscyche record your reef. I will take readings tomorrow and edit this post.

Couple updates: Got a couple new fishies because of a blackfriday impulse buy.

Replaced my fish stick 6 line wrasse
Got a Melanarus wrasse
Got in an impulse firefish

Poor fish stick.

Zoanthids
OP
BroccoliFarmer

BroccoliFarmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Poor fish stick.
Kinda funny and sad..but my coral beauty and fish stick were pretty tight. When i put in the new 6 line wrasse, the coral beauty tried to pick up where it left of with the other one..and the wrasse wanted NOTHING to do with it. Kept running away and CB kept on chasing.

I am a little nervous though..my flame hawk fish has let it be known that the 6 line wrasse is persona (fishona?) non grata!! I hope it settles down soon.