4g pico and 2.5g mini sump

Thankfully I decided to hold off a bit on stocking since I haven't seen any signs of gha or cyano in the cycle, wake up this morning and BAM! Its everywhere. One of the few times im happy to see it haha
 
Thankfully I decided to hold off a bit on stocking since I haven't seen any signs of gha or cyano in the cycle, wake up this morning and BAM! Its everywhere. One of the few times im happy to see it haha

Don't worry. It will go away. But you're right, it's much easier to deal with when the tank is empty.
 
Love your pico!
 
Thanks guys!! Can't wait to fill it up. Few more days I'll water change and hopefully its ready!
 
Did a big fat 80% WC and cleaned the tank a bit parameters are all in check but I still got a tiny bit of gha so ima hold off another week or two for corals. Any suggestions on a fish that would do well in 4 gallons?
 
Added a pair of clown gobies and a frogspawn frag well see how they do :)
 
is this skimmer too big? haha jk heres a pic of the first tank inhabitants! tanks dirty sowwy
 
Wanted to see the tank under t5's looks good! so far the tank is stable both gobies are eating and the zoa rescues I put in are doing great dont know if you can see the pink edge these zoas have another month or so and I think it will be ready for some higher end coral ;)
 
Nice, I love pico reefs!
 
Looks like 2 weeks is the limit for my pico before needeing a water change ive been letting it go just to see how effective the sump fuge and skimmer are. Not bad for 6.5 gallons right?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new