4x4 Reefing

slip66

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great tank, out of curiosity how do you work in the tank with the lights in that configuration? do they easily raise up?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is just stunning! When thinking about dream tanks, this one will always come to my mind.

Group_Bow_zps6c788f33.gif

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank. What is your T-5 bulb combination and light schedule? I just ordered an ATI 8x39w fixture for my 36" tank. I hope it helps me get results like your tank.

OP
OP
Scotty Freddy

Scotty Freddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a stunning tank. It is one of the best I have ever seen posted. Do you have a write up anywhere on your husbandry? What you are dosing, how you run the system etc? I would love to read and learn from you.

Thank you. I have a bit of info on the tank on the first page of this thread, if there's anything else you would like to know then just ask :)

My jaw drops everytime I see your tank Scotty. Hope one day my new cube can grow up to be like yours one day. ;)

Thanks Brandon and I'm sure it will mate ;)

OP
OP
Scotty Freddy

Scotty Freddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your sump look like?

Back on Page 1 of the thread you will find some photos of the sump.

great tank, out of curiosity how do you work in the tank with the lights in that configuration? do they easily raise up?

Thank you, the tank is extremely easy to work on. The lights lift all the way up to the ceiling so it leaves plenty of room :)

That is just stunning! When thinking about dream tanks, this one will always come to my mind.

Group_Bow_zps6c788f33.gif

Thank you Fin :)

OP
OP
Scotty Freddy

Scotty Freddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning.

Thank you

Amazing tank. What is your T-5 bulb combination and light schedule? I just ordered an ATI 8x39w fixture for my 36" tank. I hope it helps me get results like your tank.

Thank you, I run my lights for 11 hours in total and 9 hours on full. My bulb combo is indentical in each light and is as follows from front to back.
All ATI tubes
Coral+
Blue+
Actinic
Aquablue Special
Purple+
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+

Beautiful tank!!

Thank you

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Scotty Freddy any new pics of this gorgeous reef? I'm sure we'd all love to see an update!

OP
OP
Scotty Freddy

Scotty Freddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, been a long while between posts so thought I'd do a quick update. Life's been pretty crazy lately and the tank doesn't get as much attention as it used to but luckily it doesn't need it anymore. I've made some fairly big changes also, I removed 2 big stags from the back right, trimmed and relocated the blue stag from the front left and rescaped the front left of the tank. My reasons for making these changes were that you couldn't see what was behind the big blue stag at the front left and it was also blocking a lot of flow towards the front of the tank. The plan was to rescape ledges down towards the front so I could layer tabling acropora all the way down towards the sandbed. Here's some pics so you can see what I've done :)

OP
OP
Scotty Freddy

Scotty Freddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys, been a long while between posts so thought I'd do a quick update. Life's been pretty crazy lately and the tank doesn't get as much attention as it used to but luckily it doesn't need it anymore. I've made some fairly big changes also, I removed 2 big stags from the back right, trimmed and relocated the blue stag from the front left and rescaped the front left of the tank. My reasons for making these changes were that you couldn't see what was behind the big blue stag at the front left and it was also blocking a lot of flow towards the front of the tank. The plan was to rescape ledges down towards the front so I could layer tabling acropora all the way down towards the sandbed. Here's some pics so you can see what I've done :)

Good gosh this is awesome!

RocketCowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every week I siphon out any detritus and that seems to do the trick. I WC weekly (200L), hand scrub the whole tank during WC and siphon detritus like I said earlier :)

I'll be cutting back WC to 140L a week due to building another smaller SPS tank, I've found the corals use up nutrient pretty well due to their size so the full 200L WC weekly is a bit unnecessary

What type of light set up are you running? Lighting schedule? Are you using RO water?

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing aquarium. I am curious about how you have connected the skimmer pump up. Have you modified the plumbing slightly to allow it to fit your available footprint? Thanks.

OP
OP
Scotty Freddy

Scotty Freddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good gosh this is awesome!

Thank you David :)

What type of light set up are you running? Lighting schedule? Are you using RO water?

I run 2 8x54w ATI powermodules, they run for 9 hours on full and an hour either side for actinics.
Yes I use RODI

Amazing aquarium. I am curious about how you have connected the skimmer pump up. Have you modified the plumbing slightly to allow it to fit your available footprint? Thanks.

Thank you :)

My skimmer has not been modified at all, the sump was built around the skimmer

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.6%
Back