4x4 Reefing

Awesome tank guys!!!! Ive been following you on facebook for a while, I have just ordered my 4x4x2 tank also, but mine is going to be mostly LPS and softies, plus my predator/semi aggressive fish tank. Can not wait for it to get here, 9 week wait is going to feel like a year lol
 
Scotty, truly amazing tank. Just wondering your alkalinity seems to be very low, I noticed you're not running a zeovit system, how do u have such success with such a low alkalinity?
 
Awesome tank guys!!!! Ive been following you on facebook for a while, I have just ordered my 4x4x2 tank also, but mine is going to be mostly LPS and softies, plus my predator/semi aggressive fish tank. Can not wait for it to get here, 9 week wait is going to feel like a year lol

Thank you :) the size is a great size to work with and I'm sure you will have fun too!
 
Scotty, truly amazing tank. Just wondering your alkalinity seems to be very low, I noticed you're not running a zeovit system, how do u have such success with such a low alkalinity?

Thank you.

That's the level the alkalinity likes to sit at in the tank so I've never tried to force it and raise it up, most of the guys that I speak to with heavily dominated SPS tanks run their alkalinity at a similar level. If there's one thing I've learned in reefing it's that every tank is different and just because you read somewhere that it's "supposed" to be at that level doenst mean that it has to be. Run with what works for you and your tank.
 
Been a while between updates so I decided to break the camera out a couple of nights ago :) hope you enjoy!

image_zpsnbpgsirl.jpg


image_zpsphyxtpbv.jpg


image_zpspach32pd.jpg


image_zps4jmrgmzn.jpg


image_zpsl3vkhmz6.jpg


image_zpssko1mjxp.jpg


image_zpsrezpojzo.jpg


image_zpsdxyjm8ke.jpg


image_zpsrqrlqlvm.jpg



image_zpsfdc8nhmw.jpg
 
Beautiful tank! I'm in the process of building a 4x4 right now, but doing a center overflow so it well be 4 side viewable. I have this amazing tank for inspiration now :)
 
Beautiful tank! I'm in the process of building a 4x4 right now, but doing a center overflow so it well be 4 side viewable. I have this amazing tank for inspiration now :)

That will be very cool :) a few people tried to get me to do the same thing when I built my tank

Where do you have your overflow box placed?

The overflow box is located in the centre of the back wall

Stunning.

Thank you :)
 
After watching that video , I want to throw my tank out the window!
 
Wow! That's a beauty. That's my dream to have a tank that looks like that some day!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new