4x4 Reefing

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you David :)

I run 2 8x54w ATI powermodules, they run for 9 hours on full and an hour either side for actinics.
Yes I use RODI

Thank you :)

My skimmer has not been modified at all, the sump was built around the skimmer

Thanks. I've been curious about changing how the hose from the skimmer pump connects to the skimmer body (extending the hose with some 90° bends) to see if I could make it fit in mine. What is plumbed into the skimmer intake with the blue ball valve? :)

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that you use ATI fixtures, I was curious what your bulb selection is? Im in the process of setting up a tank using T5 lighting now and I had a really hard time chosing a 4 bulb lamb combo. You obviously get good growth so I was curious which bulbs help you get there?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys, been a long while between posts so thought I'd do a quick update. Life's been pretty crazy lately and the tank doesn't get as much attention as it used to but luckily it doesn't need it anymore. I've made some fairly big changes also, I removed 2 big stags from the back right, trimmed and relocated the blue stag from the front left and rescaped the front left of the tank. My reasons for making these changes were that you couldn't see what was behind the big blue stag at the front left and it was also blocking a lot of flow towards the front of the tank. The plan was to rescape ledges down towards the front so I could layer tabling acropora all the way down towards the sandbed. Here's some pics so you can see what I've done :)

Man, but I love this tank! Any chance we could get some more pics? :D :D

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an incredible reef aquarium you have! Did you swim out and grab a section of the Barrier Reef and put in that glass box :)

Thank you for sharing!

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that is Ole build theard but I'm curious...how high did you hang the ATI fixture above the tank ?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back