5 GALLON INVERT TANK!!

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a 5 gallon cube from my buddy last week. I have now convinced my gf to let me tear down my 20 high guppy / cory tank and set this up instead. All my freshwaters will be going to same buddies house, and he's a freshwater wiz, so I do not feel bad about it! If dropping off all my pals at Petco was the only option, I would just keep them. Between my 40g mixed reef and grow tent, now my to-be pico, something had to go! Sorry for the long-winded introduction... to the point. I will not keep any fish in this tank. I'm thinking I will move my maxi mini there, add a few rock flowers and load up on inverts. Definitely want a porcelain crab and sexy shrimp...would love a pom pom crab also. The only corals I know for sure I will be putting in the tank is a gorgonian and a feather duster- which is a worm, i know. I would LOVE to hear everyone's thoughts and ideas as to what would go good in this pico, what wouldn't, max number of inverts. My light is an A80, filter is Tidal 35, and a 50w Cobalt Neotherm (Please God, don't let this heater wipe out my tank!) And in the end I wouldn't be opposed to adding a small goby of some sorts, but I feel like with 4+ nems, it would be a death trap. Lay it on my guys, I need some ideas! PS- the rock in there is just for cycling purposes, I have yet to build my scape

20210417_131902.jpg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of aquascape are you going to do?

Is it possible for you to do something like this?

AA0CB464-90C8-420B-A895-916772F3CBB2.jpeg

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Wow! That's sick! You know, I just picked up this piece and a couple of things have me already doubting my choice...it was on a whim. My "lfs" whos reputation, in my opinion, is shady a

That's sick! I want that now. I just picked this piece up at my "lfs" who reputation, in my opinion, is shady at best. When you thump it you can feel the vibrations throughout... I'm wondering if it's metal. Either way, I just put it in the tank because I thought it looked really nice. I hope i don't come to regret it. No idea who makes this thing, I'm just banking on the lfs guy wouldn't have it unless it was meant for an aquarium. I hope its not a freshwater only decoration, but putting fake coral in a freshwater tank is another discussion all together. I may end up copying you.

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! That's sick! You know, I just picked up this piece and a couple of things have me already doubting my choice...it was on a whim. My "lfs" whos reputation, in my opinion, is shady a

That's sick! I want that now. I just picked this piece up at my "lfs" who reputation, in my opinion, is shady at best. When you thump it you can feel the vibrations throughout... I'm wondering if it's metal. Either way, I just put it in the tank because I thought it looked really nice. I hope i don't come to regret it. No idea who makes this thing, I'm just banking on the lfs guy wouldn't have it unless it was meant for an aquarium. I hope its not a freshwater only decoration, but putting fake coral in a freshwater tank is another discussion all together. I may end up copying you.

Attachments

• 20210417_150512.jpg
    20210417_150512.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 39

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rock setup is nice! I like how it follows the rule of thirds and has dimension!

I don’t know about the hollow part, so I cannot give a comment on that.

the picture I posted above is not my personal tank, but I am doing the same thing for my 300 gallon aquarium.

it can be accomplished with super glue. I need to use cement in my case, but with a tank your size, glue will work just fine!

I think the rock you have it really nice as well!

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you add a blue nuckle hermit crab?

I have them in my tank and they are my favorite. They grow pretty big and catch the eyes!

C6D01A47-03A9-4F9A-A7CB-EF40A1624105.png

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That rock setup is nice! I like how it follows the rule of thirds and has dimension!

I don’t know about the hollow part, so I cannot give a comment on that.

the picture I posted above is not my personal tank, but I am doing the same thing for my 300 gallon aquarium.

it can be accomplished with super glue. I need to use cement in my case, but with a tank your size, glue will work just fine!

I think the rock you have it really nice as well!
Thank you! We shall see if it turns to a pile of rust. Fingers crossed

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you add a blue nuckle hermit crab?

I have them in my tank and they are my favorite. They grow pretty big and catch the eyes!

C6D01A47-03A9-4F9A-A7CB-EF40A1624105.png
Idk but I like the idea. I don't know how a hermit would interact with pom poms. I did keep them together many years ago, but that was in a 55. Those have really nice color!

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Idk but I like the idea. I don't know how a hermit would interact with pom poms. I did keep them together many years ago, but that was in a 55. Those have really nice color!
Actually I kept hermits with a porcelain. I've never had a pom pom

Back