5 Month Old Chromis Fry

Eynar Dzhavadov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's nearly 5 months since this Chromis was born. I'm not trying to rear anymore batches until the temperature gets warmer (I cant keep anything other than my main system at a solid temps). This guy is in one of the tanks attached to my DT sharing a section with a clownfish, but separated by a net so he is easier to feed. I havent been able to get any good shots of him lately, but I just cleaned out his net last night and was able to get a great shot this morning.

He is about an inch an a quarter long from nose to fin. He's nearly the size of the smallest Chromis I have seen sold at the LFS, which were probably 1.5". Interestingly enough, he still has these yellow broken up stripes that developed at 3 weeks, so even the tiniest Chromis sold at the LFS, have to be at least several months older. I'd guess a year old at least.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a the video I just uploaded to youtube, wait a few minutes for the HD version to process.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back