5 Month Old Chromis Fry

Eynar Dzhavadov

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's nearly 5 months since this Chromis was born. I'm not trying to rear anymore batches until the temperature gets warmer (I cant keep anything other than my main system at a solid temps). This guy is in one of the tanks attached to my DT sharing a section with a clownfish, but separated by a net so he is easier to feed. I havent been able to get any good shots of him lately, but I just cleaned out his net last night and was able to get a great shot this morning.

He is about an inch an a quarter long from nose to fin. He's nearly the size of the smallest Chromis I have seen sold at the LFS, which were probably 1.5". Interestingly enough, he still has these yellow broken up stripes that developed at 3 weeks, so even the tiniest Chromis sold at the LFS, have to be at least several months older. I'd guess a year old at least.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a the video I just uploaded to youtube, wait a few minutes for the HD version to process.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new