5 Reasons to become an "empowered reef keeper."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Okay, you hear us going on and on about how cool the Triton Advanced Water Analysis is…you’re starting to see fellow reefers sharing their results, and you’ve seen some incredible reefs from around the world…However, maybe you’re still a bit uncertain about why everyone is making such a big deal about this…maybe you need a little more information to see if the test makes sense for you.

triton-bag.jpg

No problem; we figured some of you might have some reservations, so here are 5 reasons why you should have your reef aquarium’s water tested by Triton, in no particular order:

1) Your corals have been doing okay, but they are somehow just not where you want them to be. Sometimes they look great, and sometimes they are barely recognizable- You’re struggling to find the reasons for their inconsistent growth and appearance. Well, having your water analyzed by Triton, using their advanced ICP-OES technique can be an important part of your overall fact-finding process. The detailed, 32-parameter test may provide valuable clues about what is lacking, what is in excess, and what is within acceptable ranges in your water chemistry. You’ll gain valuable insight in an easy-to-read, reef-oriented format.

2) You’re setting up a new reef, and you’re attempting to create an ideal chemical environment conducive to coral growth and coloration.- By testing with Triton, you’ll be able to get a good “baseline†analysis of your water, and be able to make necessary changes to ensure that your new reef aquarium gets off to a good start. Regular testing as you establish your aquarium will help assure that your corals are provided with a beneficial, consistent environment for long-term growth and health.

3) You are tired of spending hard-earned cash on vague, ill-defined “supplements†that are supposed to help with your coral growth, yet apparently not providing any real benefit.- Perhaps it’s simply because you are adding stuff unnecessarily to your reef, without any specific need to do so. By receiving a detailed Triton analysis, you’ll be able to avoid guesswork and “random†dosing of trace elements and other supplements that might not even be necessary. Wouldn’t you love to know exactly what your reef REALLY needs? Now you can!

4) You’ve tried a lot of different “methodsâ€, and you’re looking for a simple, effective way to maintain an environmentally stable, healthy system.- The Triton “Method†is one of the most simple, easy-to-implement approaches to reef husbandry that has been developed to date. Thanks to the detailed information provided by ICP-OES, you can develop an easy protocol for tank care that will let you spend more time enjoying your corals, and less time worrying about them.

5) You are fascinated by the world of corals, and want to participate in the evolution of captive coral husbandry.- Wether you realize it or not, by becoming an “empowered reef keeperâ€, you’re gaining first-hand knowledge about the needs of the corals we all love. And, for the first time in hobby history, you’ll be able to see- real time- which trace elements are utilized by your own corals, and in what quantity. You’ll learn how maintaining them at proper levels will positively impact their health and growth. Self-education is really an amazing process. Sharing this information with other reefers will add to the overall body of knowledge that we have on maintaining corals in aquariums, for everyone’s benefit.

Triton is ushering in a wonderful new era of the reef aquarium hobby! One in which a hobbyist now has the ability to gain a greater understanding of what’s going on in his or her aquarium, and to affect positive changes based on specific scientific knowledge to create the optimum environment for his or her corals.

By applying the information obtained from the detailed Triton ICP-OES test, you will truly become an “empowered reeferâ€, taking scientific knowledge and applying it to your reef keeping experience.

It’s a great time to be a reefer, isn’t it?

Scott Fellman
Triton US

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess it's time for me to test!

s2minute

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno. 7-10 days seems an long time. Also, how much does it cost?

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think $50 is a good deal for all the info that one gets. May not always lead to the 'Triton Method', but can help with issues like "Is my potassium low and do I really need to buy that $45 Potassium test kit and potassium supplement?" :)

Ralph.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it's time for me to test!

Do it :tongue:

I held onto mine for a while and shipped it today can't wait.

I purposely held onto it and have been only dosing and testing via test kits adding Cal,Alk,Mag,Iodine,and Potassium to kit results.

I haven't done a water change in 5 weeks can't wait to see how I'm doing if it comes back remotely close to perfect I'll be on my way to less to no more WC lol.

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back