Copperband butterfly/marginalis butterfly
regal angelfish
foxface
naoko wrasse
midas blenny
clown pair
pajama cardinal
citron goby.
kind of dwarf angel? (tibicen or red stripe angel)
You're looking what size tank now? Because I would definitely take off the copper band from this list as they need a much larger tank than you ever mentioned on this thread. If you are unsure about the tank size of a fish, liveaquaria is a good place to research that sort of thing. Additionally, copperbands are hard to keep because they can be so picky. I'd love to have one, they're my absolute favorite fish but we need to set up good places for them to not just survive but actually thrive.

OP
OP
L0L_Z

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're looking what size tank now? Because I would definitely take off the copper band from this list as they need a much larger tank than you ever mentioned on this thread. If you are unsure about the tank size of a fish, liveaquaria is a good place to research that sort of thing. Additionally, copperbands are hard to keep because they can be so picky. I'd love to have one, they're my absolute favorite fish but we need to set up good places for them to not just survive but actually thrive.
K no copperband. Its 48inch x 18 inch x 18 inch. I was skeptical about that too.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CBB’s are the easiest fish once you get them feeding and through the shipping/stress phase. Here’s my 3 year old one;
A141F33C-C08D-4775-BC7B-2AE99E6EDA34.jpeg

They’re also incredibly slow growers and I believe the OP said about it being a 4’x2’ tank, in which case I would say that’s a large enough size.

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CBB’s are the easiest fish once you get them feeding and through the shipping/stress phase. Here’s my 3 year old one;

They’re also incredibly slow growers and I believe the OP said about it being a 4’x2’ tank, in which case I would say that’s a large enough size.
I was only recommending against since it seems to be their first saltwater tank. I'm glad you say they're easier than I thought they were. There's hope for me down the line when I have a larger tank. I am correct in thinking that the need 100 gallons + though, right?

OP
OP
L0L_Z

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was only recommending against since it seems to be their first saltwater tank. I'm glad you say they're easier than I thought they were. There's hope for me down the line when I have a larger tank. I am correct in thinking that the need 100 gallons + though, right?
yea i figured they would be hard.

I may try them, but thats a thought for later. Beautiful lil guy tho.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines in a 4’x2’ tank (floor space - height is 18” but I’m hoping to go to 20-24” once he grows some more). 3’ tanks are what I would say you can keep them in as they’re incredibly slow growers however obviously 4’ is the bare minimum when they actually get to 3”. The issue is the height though - These are essentially ‘square fish’ where they grow as tall as they are long.
Another popular fish they can be compared to in growth rate is the Regal Angelfish. So yes you could start one in a 3’ tank and keep it in there for maybe a year or two depending on the size of the starting specimen. I believe mine started at 2” and is only now pushing 3”.

OP
OP
L0L_Z

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
build thread is made, go check it out

@i cant think @McCarrick

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back