50 gallon zoa only tank

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Firstly i want to tell you i am from Croatia so i apologize for any english mistakes. Anyway i am proud owner of 180 gallon mainly soft tank. Now i started new tank with only zoas which i allways loved. Haved old 50 gallon rimless tank in my basement and haved all equipement i needed for at and i said to myself lets try it.

As my main tank is KISS system i decided to go KISS system here. No fancy staff no magical bottles only what tank need. So in system i have skimmer, reactor, 3 part dozer, some 165w led light, stream pump and return pump. That is basiclly it.

As for zoas. I do not have store near me for at least 1000km . Marine aquariums here in Croatia are so low in terms of users thats why any pet stores do not hold live marine corals or fishes. So finding zoas here are pretty hard staff ( not to mention acros or things like that ). At the moment i have maybe 10-15 frags ready for this tank in my main tank waiting to put them on my new rockscape.

As for the scape as i said i dont plan to put anything inside except zoa, paly or parazoanthus. So i made shallow rockscape that takes most of light i can give them. It is around 15-20 kg of mediteranean dry rock that i use from my main tank. It is full dry start rock and sand wise.

Tank started cycling 10.2.2018. Cycling was made without light ( same as my main tank ) with skimmer, wavemaker and return pump on. Cycling was over in 30 days and this week i changed about 30 % of water so it is ready for putting frags in it. Plan for that is on next sunday.

Equipement used:
Skimmer Reef Octopus NWB200int
Return pump Reef Octopus 2000
Wavemaker Jebao sw 15
Jager 200 w heater
Coral box reactor
165 w box light

Parameters at this moment:
Amonia 0
Nitrite 0
NO3 1-3
PO4 0
Sal. 1.025
Temp 26

Anyone who what to see my old tank which is now 4 and half years old here is thread

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hi-from-croatia.232517/

I welcome all replays good or bad and suggestions. Thank you all for watching or commenting this thread.

1 (1).jpg

2 (1).jpg

3 (1).jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. A simple system is the way to go sometimes. It provides the least amount of maintenance and allows for a beautiful set up.

OP
OP
Slim_Okrug

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replay FLAdaboy. Yes i wanted to go simple with system and life in it. Also big fan of Josh zoa dominated 125. I know i will never achive that tank but this is smaller version that satisfies me and my needs. Allways wanted zoa tank.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 101 49.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back