50g frag tank fish recommendation

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,049
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished my zoomed 50g lowboy frag tank with 20g sump and I am in need of help choosing fish for this tank.
What I am looking for is utilitarian fish for algae and possible pests and of course to keep a good bioload in the tank.
So far I have 3 fish in the tank which are a small scopus tang (will be rehomed when it gets large) and 2 small clownfish which will be moved to my 20g soon.
What else should I add to this tank?

In terms of cuc I only have like 4 snails and 4 hermit crabs from a tank i broke down. There isn't much in terms of algae yet so I'm not going to buy more right now.

20200812_170450.jpg
 
Could add a few rocks off in a corner and make a sleeping spot for the little demon. Looks like you already got a couple.
 
I’ve been looking for this tank and can’t seem to find it. Seems that they don’t make it anymore? Where did you get it from?
 
No crap! I’m going to talk to a LFS then. Thank you!
 
I love shallow reefs but right now it’s not in my budget to get something bigger, so I figured this would be a good option till I can upgrade to a big tank
 
If you think a 4 / 5 / 6 Line is too aggressive, you could put in a Yellow Coris for pest control. I was about to say complement that with a Starry or some other kind of algae eating blenny but seems like you have a bare bottom so I’d go with a wrasse that can eat worms.
 
If you think a 4 / 5 / 6 Line is too aggressive, you could put in a Yellow Coris for pest control. I was about to say complement that with a Starry or some other kind of algae eating blenny but seems like you have a bare bottom so I’d go with a wrasse that can eat worms.
I thought yellow coris absolutely need sand. I'd like to avoid a bucket if sand to accommodate it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new