525XL v3- fleece roller?

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone running a filter roller on their 525xl v3? Just trying to figure out the best way to set it up and one that will fit. Thanks!

Last edited:

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following,
am using cups and polyfil on my 525 v3, which is not really a pain, but still its a thing to do....
Not sure if anyones done this.....

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following,
am using cups and polyfil on my 525 v3, which is not really a pain, but still its a thing to do....
Not sure if anyones done this.....

I am doing the same, cups and Polyfil currently. I am just trying to make it as low maintenance as I can, and have heard great things about the Rollers.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing the same, cups and Polyfil currently. I am just trying to make it as low maintenance as I can, and have heard great things about the Rollers.

Yup, I do think that cutting those baffles out while the tank is running is going to a challenge. I may be wrong on this, the large black middle baffle may be needed to be removed once you take out the cup area, in that case you would be left with an extra large area ie water just makes a u-turn from the roller to the return pump.....

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I do think that cutting those baffles out while the tank is running is going to a challenge. I may be wrong on this, the large black middle baffle may be needed to be removed once you take out the cup area, in that case you would be left with an extra large area ie water just makes a u-turn from the roller to the return pump.....

Hmm...From the looks of other sumps, you should be able to just cut the epoxy and remove the entire filter sock holder and slide it in there? I just wish I could find someone that actually did it. Ive looked everywhere.

DJMCB35

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also following. Sorry I don't have something to add. I'd really like a how-to in order to understand what sort of mods I'd need to make to go with a roller system. For now I'm using filter floss in all 4 cups.

DJMCB35

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just posted the same question in the “Red Sea Max/Reefer Owners” Facebook page. Will see if that gets a response. Note, I didn’t ask specifically about the v3.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, I was like, YES FINALLY SOMEONES GON DON This mod and posted pics and a paragraph..... nevermind

Timbo558922

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of poly fil are you using for your filter cups? Or are you putting it on the top of your socks?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back