*** 54 WINNERS!!!! Reef Breeders Lighting the Way to 2024 Giveaway!!! 54 WINNERS!!!! ***

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should congratulate those who won instead of sounding salty. Keep entering and you’re bound to win.
Only salty if here are unwritten rules or understandings for these giveaway threads that not everyone is privy to

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK. So sorry for the confusion. Short answer is that only valid entry posts are allowed to win. Btw, this is why drawing winners sometimes takes additional time because if I draw a post that isn't a valid entry, it's automatically got to be redrawn until we get to a valid entry. That's my normal operation.

That being said, I need to look into what happened on that draw to see what happened there (potential short explanation is that I may have nerfed something there... I'm happy to say I don't often make these kinds of mistakes bc I'm very careful not to...but I am human, and it is possible that this was an error on my part). So I appreciate everyone's patience, and I apologize in advance to everyone if this is something I goofed up. Hope you're all having a great Tuesday!

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only salty if here are unwritten rules or understandings for these giveaway threads that not everyone is privy to
I’m sure if you look she’s posted all the official entries. Just because admin quoted one of the other posts by her does not mean that one was counted. There is no “unspoken” rules and everyone who does the entries have the same number of chances, mind you supporting members have one more and each time you update your build thread weekly also counts. Just gives the bot more chances to roll your name is all. Same as all the other winners here.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not even worth being salty! Just let it go man… don’t enter the contest if you don’t like the way the mods run them.. why cause people a head ache?!? Shouldn’t be any rules honestly it’s a give away! It’s not a paid raffle or anything of that matter that needs rules or dictators.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK. So sorry for the confusion. Short answer is that only valid entry posts are allowed to win. Btw, this is why drawing winners sometimes takes additional time because if I draw a post that isn't a valid entry, it's automatically got to be redrawn until we get to a valid entry. That's my normal operation.

That being said, I need to look into what happened on that draw to see what happened there (potential short explanation is that I may have nerfed something there... I'm happy to say I don't often make these kinds of mistakes bc I'm very careful not to...but I am human, and it is possible that this was an error on my part). So I appreciate everyone's patience, and I apologize in advance to everyone if this is something I goofed up. Hope you're all having a great Tuesday!
Thanks @Daniel@R2R !!!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK, so I do remember what happened on this draw last night...because of the couple of minutes it took me to sort it. Bottom line, the winner was legitimately drawn, but to make a long boring story short, I quoted the wrong post. So...verdict is that I did definitely goof by quoting the wrong post, but the winner's name was drawn based on her legitimate entry. I do apologize again for the confusion. I do also want to say (since the quoted post was a good example of the winner encouraging others and being helpful) that we do appreciate all of you who enter and who help others to enter our giveaways here at R2R. We love our community and do our best for these types of events to be both fun and fair. Happy Reefing!

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I do remember what happened on this draw last night...because of the couple of minutes it took me to sort it. Bottom line, the winner was legitimately drawn, but to make a long boring story short, I quoted the wrong post. So...verdict is that I did definitely goof by quoting the wrong post, but the winner's name was drawn based on her legitimate entry. I do apologize again for the confusion. I do also want to say (since the quoted post was a good example of the winner encouraging others and being helpful) that we do appreciate all of you who enter and who help others to enter our giveaways here at R2R. We love our community and do our best for these types of events to be both fun and fair. Happy Reefing!
Thank you for looking into this!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for looking i to this!
No problem, and I do apologize again. I really do work to keep things fair (it's a big deal to me), and I hate that I put any doubt on that by not watching closely enough when making that final version of the winning announcement post. I'll keep a closer eye on these things moving forward.

Dmolinini524

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry. Amazing light I have the old version on my 4 gallon pico would love to try out the new one.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back