55 gallon aggressive tank ideas.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joeganja
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2014
Messages
2,891
Reaction score
974
Location
Modesto, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a 55 gallon and I need ideas for some aggrasive fish. I have a shark egg that's soon going to hatch. I also have a fox face and a dogface puffer. Anyone have any ideas?
 
I wouldn't recommend adding anymore. Each of the fish you have listed typically require a tank more than twice the size of yours (the foxface is the smallest and a 125 is the recommended minimum tank size). You might get by for a short time, but I would recommend you consider rehoming those and finding some predators that would thrive more readily in a tank the size of yours. HTH
 
The shark egg I am assuming is a Black Banded Cat Shark...if so that tank is way too small since they can get up to 42" long. Unless you have a bigger tank to add him to I would get rid of it.
 
55 gallon is pretty limited....you could go with a smaller moray and some damsels added for color.

I just added a green wolf eel to my 100 predator tank...cool fish, and that will work in a 55.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new