55 gallon tank new fish reccommendations

Kelsey Fletcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have gone and done some research on a few fish and was wondering if this group would fit fine in a 55-gallon aquarium comfortably. I am fully aware of the dangers of them and that there's going to be a huge bioload coming off of it! The fish I am looking to get are as follows...
1 Antennata Lionfish
1 Blue Spotted Pufferfish
2 Blue chromis'
1 Coral Beauty Angelfish
Wanted to do a blue ribbon eel but cant decide if i want one or not.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to do kind of a predator tank but i know those have huge bioloads!! There is currently nothing in the 55 gallon tank and has gone fallow for 4+ months since flukes! There are a few crabs and snails that i know will sadly get eaten when i do get my lionfish but im willing to sacrifice them.

OP
OP
K

Kelsey Fletcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also planning on getting some zoas soon which we will see if the puffer eats them or not. usually they dont so hopefully he wont!!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, to lean the answers

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kelsey -

Those guys tend to get big and require a lot of room to swim. So I am not sure you want all of them in the same tank. I have a puffer and my Zoas are fine; he never goes near them.

OP
OP
K

Kelsey Fletcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kelsey -

Those guys tend to get big and require a lot of room to swim. So I am not sure you want all of them in the same tank. I have a puffer and my Zoas are fine; he never goes near them.
I have looked at the recommended tank sizes for everything and the only thing id be concerned about is the coral beauty angel. The only territorial predator i would think to be concerned about getting annoyed if he didnt have enough room would be the lionfish. they are very mean if they dont like the environment! thanks for the output!!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I guess the thing to do would be to have a contingency plan. Obviously, if you get all 4, it is a good idea to have a plan if you find they all don't get along in the 55.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back