55g FOWLR Stocking

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry this is like my second thread within the last 30 minutes. I'm soon setting up a fifty five gallon, and I would like to do a FOWLR. I know for sure that I am putting an African Flame Angel into this tank and that is it. Here is my list of fish and an invert.

African Flame
Lyretail Anthias
Saddleback Clownfish pair
Convict Blenny
Humu Humu
Sebae Anemone
Valentini Puffer

Will this work? I really would like a trigger, but I feel it is to aggressive so I'm willing to drop that, I would honestly like to keep as many non reef safe fish as I can because this will most likely be my only fowlr. Any other suggestions?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A trigger is too big for a 55g.

A saddleback clown pr will be aggressive in that size tank when they start laying eggs.

OP
OP
SourAngelfish

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 African Flame
1 Lyretail Anthias
2 Clarkii Clownfish
1 Convict Blenny
1 Christmas Wrasse/Yellow Wrasse
1 Sebae Anemone
1 Valentini Puffer

I couldn't really find many small non-reef safe wrasses, but I do like the Chrismas and yellow wrasses, if the bioload seems to be to much I'm willing to drop the clown pair and anemone.

OP
OP
SourAngelfish

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I've changed my plans again...o_O The 55 gallon is now going to be a reef tank, so I made another list.

Lyretail Anthias 1
Skunk Clownfish 2
Hector's goby 1
Fairy/Flasher Wrasse 1
Aiptasia eating filefish 1
Chalk Bass 1
Barnacle Blennies 3

The aiptasia eating filefish depends on whether or not I have an aiptasia problem, I also have room for him in another tano if he decides to nip corals, any thoughts? Also the sump will be 30-40 gallons so the total amount of water is about 80-90 gallons.

Back