56liter SPS dominated peninsula

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks.ya those lights put out a ton of par.i have an ai nano on my 20x20x20 cube and its already bleaching an acro lol.keep up the good work can't wait to see more pics man

OP
OP
ParkerB

ParkerB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks.ya those lights put out a ton of par.i have an ai nano on my 20x20x20 cube and its already bleaching an acro lol.keep up the good work can't wait to see more pics man

Ya I actually contemplated on downgrading to the Nano as the Sol is very strong for a 24x12x12 my tank is so shallow that there is no need for the 40optics in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ParkerB

ParkerB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throwing a few more up.

ORA joe & a Pink Lemonade
null_zpsaffadb88.jpg

Tyree Green Toadstool
null_zps34bb9185.jpg

Sun Coral (dont mind the dirty glass)
null_zps7651f5e3.jpg

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya good move on switching to the 70s.all the pics are great looks like the corals are loving the light once there acclimated to it

OP
OP
ParkerB

ParkerB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya good move on switching to the 70s.all the pics are great looks like the corals are loving the light once there acclimated to it

Ya the key words are once acclimated.

Took me about 4mo to enjoy this light actually, thought about changing it many times due to browning and color of sps then one day things just started looking better and hae only continued to get better.

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya that's what iv heard from others to takes a while.im a huge halide fan the ai nano is the first led iv tried but way to early to know if I'm realy gunna like it.its just 1 ai nano on a 35 gal cube so I'm thinking of adding a couple t5s to it and building a floating canopy for it all to sit in.that way I get some more spectrum that the ai doesn't have.kinda like what u did with the par38 bulb.btw those new pics look great to lovin the pink lemonade one of my favorites

OP
OP
ParkerB

ParkerB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya that's what iv heard from others to takes a while.im a huge halide fan the ai nano is the first led iv tried but way to early to know if I'm realy gunna like it.its just 1 ai nano on a 35 gal cube so I'm thinking of adding a couple t5s to it and building a floating canopy for it all to sit in.that way I get some more spectrum that the ai doesn't have.kinda like what u did with the par38 bulb.btw those new pics look great to lovin the pink lemonade one of my favorites

Thanks, ya I took the par down and actually ended up running it as a small fuge light and added some cheato etc, it helped I feel but the SOL itself was too much power so I decided to take it off

I'm sure I would have seen a little more color from the addition UV that the par had but who knows, works great as a fuge light! :thumbsup:

spacetime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parker I see you downgraded the light? I am considering the AI hydra for my 15g with hopes to upgrade to a 24x24x12 sometime next year. Looks like the nano may be enough but I think the hydra is weaker than the SOL. The hydra is a full spectrum (which I prefer) and has 80degree optics which I think is a good thing for such a narrow tank. Let me know your thoughts. Sorry just noticed that your no longer running the Par Lamp and downgraded the optics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ParkerB

ParkerB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parker I see you downgraded the light? I am considering the AI hydra for my 15g with hopes to upgrade to a 24x24x12 sometime next year. Looks like the nano may be enough.

I still using the sol, I took off the orphek that was supplementing the sol. I also switched the optics on my sol to 70/70/70/70

spacetime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I reread your thread and noticed what got changed out, but edited my post while you wrote yours. I think the Hydra has 80 deg. optics and is "weaker" than the sol and is full spectrum so I may pick that up for my 15g, and I think it should also cover my 30g shallow cube when I upgrade.

OP
OP
ParkerB

ParkerB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I reread your thread and noticed what got changed out, but edited my post while you wrote yours. I think the Hydra has 80 deg. optics and is "weaker" than the sol and is full spectrum so I may pick that up for my 15g, and I think it should also cover my 30g shallow cube when I upgrade.

I was actually debating upgrading to the hydra cause its only $175 to do so.

I'm still not sure I do like it tho an still am considering it. I do like the 70 optics a lot more then the 70/40/40/70 which was way too strong. The 80 optics I'm sure would work and be more then enough light cause I still have my light maxing at 45/85/85

If you do go with the hydra please post your results.

OP
OP
ParkerB

ParkerB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got these both about a week or so ago. Really starting to like both.

null_zpsc192e638.jpg

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw I recently upgraded my ai nano to a sol blue after seeing your results with the sol lol.how high do you hang yours above the water?

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • D/C

Votes: 51 61.4%
  • Both

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 13 15.7%

Back