OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update with some 2 x 6's I had laying around in the garage. I built this saltwater mixing station the other day with my Dad and daughter. I know it's overkill, but it was free wood to me. I'm going to take the BRS RO/Di unit out from under sink and mount it to the vertical board. If I didn't have 1 barrel filled with saltwater and rock, I'd start on plumbing up the mixing barrels.

Last edited:

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some lumber today.
MVIMG_20190106_172241.jpg

If you don't already have one of these Kreg Jigs, go buy one immediately.
MVIMG_20190106_172252.jpg

Standard 36 L x 18 W x 36 H 2 x4 stand. I'll skin this at a later date. Going to work on plumbing the tank tomorrow.
MVIMG_20190106_211642.jpg
MVIMG_20190106_211646.jpg
Nice time capsule!

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LilElroyJetson, never had a mixing station but do have plenty of time to research these days. Thanks for the well wishes. Saw a surgeon last week. L5 herniation, L4 bulge and a seperate fracture as well. Awaiting an appointment for a CT scan then a plate and screws to fix the fracture and a microdiscectomy to fix the damaged discs. Thanks again:)

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LilElroyJetson, never had a mixing station but do have plenty of time to research these days. Thanks for the well wishes. Saw a surgeon last week. L5 herniation, L4 bulge and a seperate fracture as well. Awaiting an appointment for a CT scan then a plate and screws to fix the fracture and a microdiscectomy to fix the damaged discs. Thanks again:)
Ouch that sounds rough :( sorry to hear that.

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yikes. I’ve suffered a bulging disk before and that alone was painful, can’t imagine what you’re feeling but I’m sure you’ll pull thru here soon! On a positive note, my bulging disk got better on its own over the course of about a year so hopefully you get some of that luck. The way the human body heals itself is incredible. Good luck! :)

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of completed pics. Installed a drain into the waste pipe under the sink, put a ball valve on the supply line under the sink as well. Installed an RO Flush valve on top[ of the RO/DI unit. Don't mind the antique wall phone, lol. Not my house.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back