6 Bulb T5 setup for 24" (40 Nuvo) Tank?

Fish_N_A_Box

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
144
Reaction score
173
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the ideal T5 lighting setup for a 24" Wide (40 Nuvo)? I have the option of 4 bulb or 6 bulb combinations. I can control each bulb individually or in a combination for lighting times.

The problem that I face is that I have a huge 17" coral top (mushroom shaped) rock in the tank. Which as a direct result creates massive shadowing at the lower levels with LED's (had two AI Primes).

I swapped to T5 lights in order to get more spread and that has worked out well. Now just trying to dial in colors.

The tank houses 4 different colored bubble tips (RTBA, Rainbow, Green and Black Widow), couple of malu and a green/purple tip corkscrew.

Coral wise nothing but softies/leathers/zoas since they all seem to do fine if a nem goes on a wander and they all do well in a "dirty" tank.

Look forward to seeing what combo people come up with.

I don't want a "blue" tank, but do want the colors to pop when just certain bulbs/combinations are on when we are in the living room (evening/night)

thanks,
Joe
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new