6 clams

@jeffrey750750, may i respectfully ask how all six clams are doing?? :)

at what temp do you keep your tank? where do nitrates trend?
Thanks for asking but unfortunately all six died within 12 days a few months back. Temp is 81 degrees, lifted it due to dinos 9 months ago from a thread I read. None of the numbers are out of whack, everything has been stable and looking great. The only thing I changed was lowering the light because I'm scared of algae. Turned the reds and greens down from like 80% to 20%.
Calcium 600
Ph 8.2
P04 .7ppm
Kh 8dh
No2 .2ppm
No3 15ppm
Ammonia. 02
 
drat the luck! ;Inpain

1599894702076.gif
 
Wow, those are some really pretty bivalves!! I haven't given much thought to clams in a tank before but might reconsider after seeing these pics!!
 
I am so sorry to hear this.
Somehow your tank have a die off and re-cycle. Ammonia and Nitrite should never be detectable. Likely that was why the clams died. How did the rest of the corals do?
 
Calcium 600! Nitrite and ammonia detectable!! What happened again?
I had changed my scape a bit and took out a little rock. Nine months prior I had the dino issues, that took a few months to deal with. Messing with the rock and sand I think caused that
 
I am so sorry to hear this.
Somehow your tank have a die off and re-cycle. Ammonia and Nitrite should never be detectable. Likely that was why the clams died. How did the rest of the corals do?
Everything else did just fine, still growing strong. I miss my clams, scared to buy anymore of them at the moment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new