6 line wrasse jumped and smack metal lid

Its_just_logan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help my 6 line wrasse jumped and smacked my lid that has a metal frame odds of making it? Anything I can do?

image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• 72241651011__5F4A8FE2-626C-43C3-98B1-3510FD0AAA78.MOV
    4.1 MB

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best you can do is closely observe for any physical cuts or scrapes where an antibiotic might be useful. Hopefully the wrasse was only stunned.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help my 6 line wrasse jumped and smacked my lid that has a metal frame odds of making it? Anything I can do?

image.jpg image.jpg

Did you see it happen?
How long have you had the wrasse?

The clownfish in the video took a bite at the wrasse, You should isolate the wrasse from the clownfish. If the clown nipped the wrasse with you right there, it might be much more aggressive when you leave the room.

Jay

OP
OP
I

Its_just_logan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see it happen?
How long have you had the wrasse?

The clownfish in the video took a bite at the wrasse, You should isolate the wrasse from the clownfish. If the clown nipped the wrasse with you right there, it might be much more aggressive when you leave the room.

Jay
Only a day properly acclimated the clowns left it alone all day but I’m guessing at night it wandered into their corner and they got aggressive. For future reference should I keep new fish in a isolation box for a couple of days?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only a day properly acclimated the clowns left it alone all day but I’m guessing at night it wandered into their corner and they got aggressive. For future reference should I keep new fish in a isolation box for a couple of days?

Isolation boxes can be pretty confining. The absolute best thing to do with new fish is run a full quarantine for them in a different tank.

Jay

OP
OP
I

Its_just_logan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isolation boxes can be pretty confining. The absolute best thing to do with new fish is run a full quarantine for them in a different tank.

Jay
Got it anything I can do about the clown aggression with new fish? Or is it just up to my clowns to play nice?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it anything I can do about the clown aggression with new fish? Or is it just up to my clowns to play nice?

Managing aggression is difficult - it is mostly up to the fish themselves. You can try feeding the fish well, moving tank decorations around, even isolating the fish and reintroducing them, but in the end, it is usually up to the fish to stop fighting (or not).

Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 107 81.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back