6-line wrasse with clowns?

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13.5 gal evo tank that i have 2 clown fish in and i just noticed some gross bristle worms i want gone. are the 6-line wrasse okay to put with my clowns in that tank? eventually i want to get some peppermint shrimp too..so would a wrasse be okay with them in the future...or any suggestions thanks!

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the tank is too small for a six line. You could try adding a possum wrasse

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the tank is too small for a six line. You could try adding a possum wrasse
i'll look for one...all i have really close by is a petco so i'm kinda limited...or any other suggestions of a fish that would work for my setup that would still eat the worms?

deepblue68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse would probably eat the shrimp.i have a six line and found my shrimp in Pieces but could of died and been eaten.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13.5 gal evo tank that i have 2 clown fish in and i just noticed some gross bristle worms i want gone. are the 6-line wrasse okay to put with my clowns in that tank? eventually i want to get some peppermint shrimp too..so would a wrasse be okay with them in the future...or any suggestions thanks!
Nah even 2 clowns is pushing it in a 13g tank.

figgy1227

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'll look for one...all i have really close by is a petco so i'm kinda limited...or any other suggestions of a fish that would work for my setup that would still eat the worms?
Hey don't know what happened with this but for future reference some clowns will munch on worms if they see em.

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a peppermint shrimp, feed it well or they nip at corals. Mine is overfed to keep him appeased. He did knock out my aiptasia afaik tho, so that was nice. Small price to pay when he nips a polyp or two. Same with my emeralds, Idk what eats bristles in such a small setup, try the worm trap. Maybe an emerald crab or hermits to outcompete the resources.

figgy1227

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a peppermint shrimp, feed it well or they nip at corals. Mine is overfed to keep him appeased. He did knock out my aiptasia afaik tho, so that was nice. Small price to pay when he nips a polyp or two. Same with my emeralds, Idk what eats bristles in such a small setup, try the worm trap. Maybe an emerald crab or hermits to outcompete the resources.
A 6 line and clown fish is what I've been using. I can't barley find any bristles anymore. Got a 2 inch one I saw yesterday and scared the crap outta me.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back