tom.antle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0675.JPG

Turned out good. And my leak test is complete. The Herbie is awesome. It is completely silent. Also got a chance to adjust the heaters and the refugium flow as well. Next step is live rock and salt water!!!!!

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well wha'dya know .. Welcome "Back" I think ... ;). Nothing like being back in the Salty "business", salty friends, salty corals and hey ... give your wife a Big Hug!!! ;) And ohh .. the BEST Salty Reef forum on the Planet Earth!!! :D

Enjoy again ... :rolleyes:

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool build! I got the same feeling watching your build take off after your wife gave her approval as watching a race car disappearing in the distance after the start light turned green! [emoji51][emoji23]

Will follow! And welcome to the family btw!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great...looking forward to watching this one grow out.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job and welcome back!

Garia666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah the excitement waking up in the middle of the night wondering what life is in your little reef tank. Going down stairs getting your mobile flashlight and forget time for 15 minutes completely fascinated of what you just witnessed! Ah takes me back down memmory lane. :). Nice work and enjoy your hobby!

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. ! . If u see this, can u post a pic or 2 of ur underneath plumbing to sump ? Reducing bushing. Female threaded barb. Braided hosing... And. Clamps. Or did u pvc it? I'm stuck and have almost same tank. URS is amazing! Hahahaha. But I'm on a budget. Thanks either way.

OP
OP
T

tom.antle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the kind words. ckgriffin, I am working late tonight but I can get some pictures of the plumbing tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
T

tom.antle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0706.JPG

This is the 29 gallon for the skimmer and refugium. It is located in the cabinet to the right of the tank.
IMG_0707.JPG

Overhead shot. Flow from the display tank comes in on the right hand side of the photo. There are two bulkheads that feed to the sump from this tank. I used a combination of hard plumbing and braided tubing to ensure flexibility down the road. Also to make sure I didn’t put too much stress on the bulkheads.
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0709.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG
IMG_0711.JPG

This is the sump under the display tank. It’s 20 gallons. I added a few ball valves to the return pipe for possible reactors or UV down the road.

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks likes u glued ? The purple stuff.. lol..A short pvc to the exit pipe from tank.. hmmmm. I see a lot of people do that. Hard plum, I guess they say. Well, I definitely appreciate the pic. I gonna hit the "plumbing store this weekend" .. see what I can come up with. Thank u

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I really like the angles you made for your controls. That's a really good idea. You should consider putting cyphastrea on the skull in your rockwork and allow it to grow over the surface. Its a really cool look. Welcome back to the hobby and good luck to you!

OP
OP
T

tom.antle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Scottsquatch. Yes. I planned on growing something on the skull. Saw some grown out in a reef store in Florida. Are cyphastrea easy to care for?? Lighting requirements???

MermaidTail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man- this is a BEAUTY of a set-up. You rock. Could you post your sump deign with baffle measurements? I’m looking to make one similar!

OP
OP
T

tom.antle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which sump. There are two LOL. One is a 20 gallon high basically for the return pump and heaters. The other is a 29 gallon for the skimmer and the refugium.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back