OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After reading this thread, I would say you still have the passion for the hobby. lol

I am shocked at how quickly it came back. I have so much equipment ordered. Boxes show up and I have no clue what arrived. My wife is quickly starting to hate this hobby lol.

OP
OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh yeah. I picked up this awesome MRC sump from a local as well as some killer frags from him.

The 2 48x24x12 rimless acrylic tanks should be here end of January. Hoping by the time I get back from Hawaii Feb 12th so I can get everything setup.

Also picked up a 150 gallon Rubbermaid holding tank this weekend too. I simply don't have enough water to make this bubble king work. This should do the trick.

IMG_1994.JPG

OP
OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some other items arrived. Auto neck cleaner for the BK and some larger sized ZEOvit items and some of the plumbing.

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

OP
OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This sums up your build.

I'm only just starting small to see if I still have inter.............

Nah I'm still addicted time to go all out

Hahahaha. So true lol.

OP
OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will be cutting holes in the floor tomorrow to plumb the 60 into the ~300 gallons in the future fish room.

Goals for this weekend

1. Build the stand for the 48x24x12 x 2 frag tanks. (Delivery end of Jan)
2. Cut holes in floor in office to plumb into fish room.
3. Install sump and get the BK online. It won't skim much as I'll only have about 200 gallons online.
4. Plumb L1 and split off for future water

Should be a busy weekend.

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to love that BK Double Cone!!! I have the 200 and its an absolute beast!!! You went from a nice small 60 to an underground operation!!! LOVE IT!!!

OP
OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who makes this? Would love one for my 200

This is made by Vertex. I have a 250mm lid on the bk250.

I think yours is 200mm so that's $28.99 and then you need the motor $169.99

Go to scott at Aquarium Speciality. Confirm your lid is the 200mm

Then i'lll set it up on the Apex to run for 2 minutes every 12 hours. It really makes a huge difference in cleaning. Keeps that lid section spotless!!

OP
OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You have it bad! Welcome to the club!!

Glad to be part of the club for sure!!!

Picked up my first used item today. And MRC-2 calcium reactor from a local in the reef club here.

Now I'm looking for Masterflex for this puppy.

Also picked up a Kore 5th Intelligent doser. New never used. (Thanks BfishLpond78) :D

OP
OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well.. my ATO vessel finally showed up.. Small issue with DHL and the fact they are not very smart. Thankfully we finally called them, they have been trying to call the wrong number... grrr. Any ways. she holds 50 gallons made of acrylic. Also another box of plumbing supplies came, with 1 of the 2 1000 watt heaters I ordered.

Just found out my ATI fixture didn't go out until today, they were out of stock at ATI and the production run/testing/etc. they shipped today, from CA to GA so I won't have it until best case Thursday of next week.. sad :(

Size 12 shoes to show how massive this thing is. I went with Red and White, and a clear front viewing pane so I can see when it is getting empty.

OP
OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1 of my 2 Kore 5th's arrived. I will use it to dose ZEOvit only. I won't use the ATO feature, etc. I already have an MR2 Calcium reactor I picked up last week, so no need to dose anything but the ZEOvit. I ordered 2 Magnetic Stirrers from Salty today, they shipped but with Holiday Monday, they won't get here until Tuesday, no biggie there. The 2nd Kore 5th will be here tomorrow via FedEx, there is a sig required, I won't be home for part of the day, so I am sure I will miss this one lol.

The stirrer in the photo came in broken, first thing I have ever had Amazon ship to me that came in broken, and I order over $25K with them last year, so the run is over, but I forgive them, b/c that introduced me to Salty down in Florida and he has been AWESOME to deal with!

Back