60 Cube Rimless Build

  • Thread starter Thread starter eddyshore
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eddyshore

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2010
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have started a build again. I had a 60 cube at home but tore it down as I didnt have enough time after work with family stuff to properly maintain the tank . So I decided to build a new one this time at my office. I figured since I spend most of my life there it will be easier to maintain. And I will get more enjoyment out of it . So here we go .

First the stand I already had from my old setup...then I had Nano Reef Creations build me the tank. 1/2 inch acrylic reef ready rimless and all I can say is wow he he rounded the top , painted the back for me and even hooked up the return guts bulkheads and all including lockline on the return. I couldnt be happier thanks to Anthony .

tank.jpg


tanktop.jpg


So while i was waiting for the tank to be built which was only like 10 day I started ordering everything else I look around RC and found alot of chatter about the SWC Cone 160 . So after do some reading I decided to take the plunge . Luckily the guy who supply's them in the country is located in Indy so the shipping was overnight . The reason I really like this skimmer is its footprint was only 9"x6" and since I could only fit a 15 gallon under the stand it worked great .

swc160cone.jpg


I also ordered an new lighting fixture since my old cube wasnt rimless I had all the lighting crammed into a canopy so with the open top I decided to go with a ATI Sunpower 6x24 bulb T5 setup. It looks good out of the box but haven't hooked it up yet .

ATI6x24.jpg


I built the sump out of a 15 gallon tank it has one compartment for the overflow and skimmer into a bubble trap , then a 7 1/2 " X 12" fuge , then into a compartment for the reurn which is a mag9.5 that I had laying around at home.

sump.jpg


And for a controller I went with the ReefKeeper Lite , here was my thinking the tank is relatively small and with limited space under the tank I will never be running a Calcium reactor , I'm a firm believer in just topping off with Kalk water . So for the price of the Reef Keeper Lite $99 dollars and having the option to expand it if you want . I thought one of those digital timer power strips is $50 , so for another $50 it was a know brain er . We shall see .

reefkeeperlight.jpg



I'm still waiting on my Vortec mp-20 , fuge light and have a couple of pieces of wood to cut and stain on the stand . Stay Tuned it going to be set up fast . Thanks For Looking James
 
im in the same boat with new 60 cube...tagging along
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new