60 gallon breeder peninsula return setup

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wondering what i could do for the return setup on a aqueon 60 gallon breeder peninsula orientation.
im doing a black and grey theme for color of stand and possibly plumbing. So i was thinking schedule 80 fittings and if possible black schedule 80 pipe. if that exists.

This is the OVERFLOW on the way that comes with 3/4" size lines.

i bought a jebao pump with up to 1600gph.`

i would love to use two single Random Flow Generator nozzle and i dont think using two duals would be needed. Im wondering if 3/4 return holes and nozzles is the appropriate size for this tank. Is it a good idea to match sizing to the overflow sizes?
Is it best to use flexible tubing for return lines? if so how to i split them into two lines for the two return nozzles?

The sump is a 40 breeder with roller/sock section, algae section, skimmer section and return section.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d use PVC for return lines with a short length of flex for return pump to PVC connection. PVC is easy to split with a Y, or just split at the return with locline. I did this in my current build, feel free to check my build thread for footage. Yes you want to match the tubing to the bulkhead overflow size. Also, you can use schedule 40 pvc with schedule 80 fittings - schedule 40 comes in black on Amazon or BRS, or you can save $ buy normal white and spray it black.

OP
OP
Bakedpwn

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o good idea on all fronts. so return pump to a pvc barb that goes to the tank via split pvc lines?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back